Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video training suggestion: Getting the most out of erWin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
    Now the dumb question .....I assume are "SSP's" are self study programs
    Correct. As with many other commonly used acronyms, we've taught the forum software what SSP means here. You see how SSP is bold, green, and has a dotted underline? Hover your cursor over it (or any other acronym shown the same way) and the forum software will show you what it means.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Now the dumb question .....I assume are "SSP's" are self study programs
    We used to get these from Audi and Volkswagen school, they are a real life saver, information contained within is sometimes not found anywhere else, not even in the repair manuals!

- No question asked is dumb

drpeter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok after correcting an issue which blocked me purchasing access time due to incorrectly entering my home address details which resulted in payment being refused, (user ID didn't match Payment details) I've spent the day downloading as many pdf's as possible within my 24hr period. Inc all the SSP's, and the repair files under each vehicle type Inc my own. Have I missed anything?

The only thing I couldn't access was the service and repair section, as my browser (win10) didn't support it
    Last edited by Peirre; 07-31-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoung8607 View Post
    Bruce, you don't even need that. They let you download and save the PDFs directly. No need to cut down a forest or play games with print-to-PDF converters, except for TSBs and Tech Tips if you need those.

$35 gets you fully legit offline PDFs of your car's repair manuals, wiring diagrams, self-study programs, and your PR data sheet, just for the time of saving them. It just works. The PDFs have some stupid warning wrapper, but it's not a time-bomb or copy protection, it's a lawyer-language clickthrough about not hurting yourself doing repairs. And you can get rid of that annoyance by disabling JavaScript in your PDF reader.

Jason
    massively for this!!

I had previously (for years) thought that the only way was to print off the stuff within the time frame of online purchase & connection......& my internet is rubbish, so I decided to not do this even thought I really needed it!!!

I paid for a day, & used win10 "Edge" browser, entered my VIN number. Now in Edge the ERWIN site does not bring up the ELSAPRO?? tech screen specific to your VIN, so you are stuck on the main ERWIN web page look. You have to select the model of car manually, & download each document.

So click download - save as - select folder on computer - that's it easy....thing is the list it brought up contained a huge number of manuals etc. (over 50) so instead of sorting out I down loaded the lot ..so I now have every possible MK7 & MK7.5 Golf, Golf Variant, Golf SV, some Polo & Ameo workshop manuals.

I strongly recommend downloading many of the "self study" manuals, some older ones covering how certain systems work, again easy to download as above in "Edge"...I have found out my engine has a forged steel crankshaft to cope with the extra power it makes!! Also the fact it takes upto 1hr for the TPMS system to fully log the tyre wheel vibrations (not just rotation) every time you press the SET for the TPMS...

You have to use windows "Explorer" to bring up the ELSAPRO? screen to be able to look at the TPI details specific to your VIN & those can only be printed off in the time limit. The TPI's are on the forums (most), some are not, I read them all for my car & printed off the ones which require a fix & work that I would not know if presented with the problem "blind".

5. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So 17 days on & the whole ERWIN stuff that I downloaded on my computer has.....

NOT turned into a pumpkin & disappeared into the ether at night, & has not locked me out with a lock screen asking for my first unborn child, my hind teeth, & right arm!..

I will say this, I noticed that my email/username on ERWIN is NOT watermarked in to the documents with the grey cartoon figure..& they used to be....I think VW realised they would get more money by getting rid of the old ways (print off in the time allowed) & allow you to keep. Makes pirate PDF copies pointless now....

7. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post