Status
Not open for further replies.

REPAIRMASTERS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77982
Thanks in advance for any help on this. I put a hazard switch in an 04 A6 for a flasher problem, fixed and all was good I thought, when the customer came to pick up her car she complained that her door locks didn't work any more. So, I noticed that they did work right up until you started the car, then if you locked with the power lock button all the doors would unlock, upon further investigation I found the 1366 code (open due to crash signal) in the central lock module. the door locks function normally when I have the controller open with the VCDS, and the code clears. a soon as I exit the module the locks start acting up again and the code returns. There are no codes in the airbag module. I left the battery disconnected over night in hopes of a miracle when I came back in the am, no such luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
... then if you locked with the power lock button all the doors would unlock, upon further investigation I found the 1366 code (open due to crash signal) in the central lock module. the door locks function normally when I have the controller open with the VCDS, and the code clears. a soon as I exit the module the locks start acting up again and the code returns. There are no codes in the airbag module.
As always, posting a complete Auto-Scan in [CODE][/CODE] tags would be helpful.

Generally speaking (I haven't looked at a WD for your specific vehicle) the crash unlock signal can be sent either via CAN or via a direct wire between the airbag module and central convenience. If there's no codes in the airbag module and you haven't been in there doing an Output Test or anything lately, then it's unlikely the CAN signal is involved. It's probably an unexpected signal on the direct wire.

Unfortunately I'm not clear on whether that wire is pulled to ground or B+ or what, to provide the crash signal. I would recommend pulling up a wiring diagram for this car and locating the crash signal line. It'll be the only one that goes from the airbag control module straight to the CCM. Check for continuity, resistance, and short to ground or B+ with both ends disconnected from their respective modules.

Jason

REPAIRMASTERS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77982
Thanks for your reply Jason, if I don't get to the bottom of it I will repost with auto scan.

REPAIRMASTERS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=77982
Fixed!

NOT a stupid question Jack, I just saw your post after installing a oem switch, I really didn't think that a hazard switch would have been connected to any of that but lesson learned today. the fix was oem hazard switch. Thanks for the support.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
NOT a stupid question Jack, I just saw your post after installing a oem switch, I really didn't think that a hazard switch would have been connected to any of that but lesson learned today. the fix was oem hazard switch. Thanks for the support.
Nice call on Jack's part there. :thumbs:

I haven't run the airbag output test for a long time, but IIRC it unlocks the doors (your problem) and turns the hazards on (your "unrelated" repair). I'll bet if you have a hazard switch wired strangely, it could feed something back on the crash line.

Jason

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
It's back to the old basic question in professional problem solver class..

Car was just repaired and now customer has new complaint.......never discredit the customer and listen to what they state.

What recent repair history was done and was the repair correctly done with valid working OEM parts.... and did problem exist before repair just carried out?
Was repair related to tracks or mechanical operation in anyway possible for function of another component?

In this case it is.........YAY!:p

Just an idea.........
You know what Uwe .....and Forum......... RT should do a class that is for the tech of techs......
To see what smart-ass's are made of........ with a ( TRAPS-CLASS ) to see who's who........ and to challenge minds.

In addition to a VCDS professional problem solving class using VCDS....the WD ......with component theory FAIL verse FLOOD verse FOD.
See who can escape the traps of the Dragons Lair!

Who wants to be Dirk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back