Audi S5 with sound fault

Deeski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=218821
I have no sound other than my sensors. I have tried MMI reset, I have pulled and changed fuses. My sat nav works visually but no sound, my radio works with no sound, my phone connects but with no sound my tv allows me to select channels but no sound and also no picture. I have heard of the dreaded water ingress to amp issue which is expensive as it is a B&O amp. My car is 2008 and no warranty. I had a few issues of sound flickering and sometimes working and sometimes not but now totally nothing and has been like this for a while. I have a Ross tech cable and have plugged it in and getting the following errors.

19-CAN Gateway - Status Malfunction 0010
47-Sound System - Status Cannot be reached 1100

When I interogate 47-Sound System. I get nothing back other than "cannot be reached"

When I interrogate 19-CAN Gateway, the fault states

00463 - Controle Module for Digital Sound Package (J525)
004 - No Signal/Communication
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 217

Further interrogation also shows

DYC 00463 - Failure mode 004
MIL triggered:no Active:yes, Stored yes, Test finished:yes

Also when I check the box in the advanced measuring values for Ring Break Diagnostic Wire 003-2
The results are

Info1 Info2. Actual
Ring Break. Diagnostic Wire. 1

I know this is a lot of information but I'm hoping the more I give the more accurate the responses can be

Thanks in advance

Deeski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=218821
Would be great if anyone could advise on what these codes mean. Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Based on the very limited amount of information posted (a complete Auto-Scan is always better), it looks to me like your audio amp is "offline". That could be because it's not getting any power, or it could simply have failed.

What's I find mildly surprising is that the rest of your MMI systems are working. Since the car has the expensive B&O sound system, I'm thinking it has to have a full MOST-ring MMI and if that's the case, any module on the right being outright dead or failed means they all become inaccessible via normal means.

Did I mention that posting a complete Auto-Scan would shed more light on things? ;)

-Uwe-

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
Auto-Scan is here, my advice is here.

Deeski, if BBA can't help you, your only other alternative is going to be the dealer. Even if you find a suitable amp second-hand, when you connect it you'll be right back here with "I've connected it, VCDS can now communicate with it but still no sound" and there will be Component Protection faults stored.

So new amp or second-hand, Component Protection will kick in and CP can only be removed by a dealer with an on-line connection to the 'mothership'. Thats why I suggested BBA...

Reactions: Uwe

Deeski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=218821
Hi guys. Thanks for replying.

Uwe I will post a full scan shortly (thanks)

Zenerdiode I contacted BBA and they say they cannot do it. I am not completely sure that it is the amp because of the scan

Deeski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=218821
Hi All. Thanks for your assistance with this. I have contacted the Dealer and booked it in finally. Whatever the issue, I will arrange for them to repair, I'm guessing it will be expensive. Thanks anyway.

slimbob

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=513617
did you get the fault rectified as mine is having the same issues parking sensors work everything else no sound can pick radio stations and jukebox but not a peep from the speakers

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
did you get the fault rectified
deRjtwJ.jpg

-Uwe-

Back