Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012-2014 NAR Passat(A32) TDI/CKRA AdBlue Level Reset Procedure

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So you're saying left foot on the brake, and accelerator pedal pressed to the floor, the ECU does not limit the engine speed to something reasonable?

ETA: Does your ECU have "Dieselgate Fix" software in it already?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ECU limits RPM to around 1500 RPM. I'm asking, is the ECU supposed to maintain that RPM when I remove my right foot from the accelerator and leave my left foot on the brake?

Edit: Dieselgate fix NOT installed
    Last edited by roni024; 02-12-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roni024 View Post
    ECU limits RPM to around 1500 RPM.
    OK, that sounds correct.

Quote Originally Posted by roni024 View Post
    I'm asking, is the ECU supposed to maintain that RPM when I remove my right foot from the accelerator and leave my left foot on the brake?
    No, I don't think so. Basic Settings that require an elevated RPM (where the ECU controls the RPM) have been always been: One foot firmly on the brake, the other foot holding the loud pedal to the floor for as long as it takes.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes roni024 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the explanation. After replacing the AdBlue heater assembly and pump (broke nipple when reinstalling tank), the AdBlue countdown would not go away. I tried a couple different reset procedures (the one outlined previously, and also Reset SCR fluid level - then Reset SCR lock) but the countdown remained. A couple of ignition cycles later and it went away. Maybe it took a little time for air to bleed from the reductant line. All is well.

6. Likes Uwe liked this post