Thread: Advanced Measuring Values

Post Thanks / Like

Advanced Measuring Values

With Advance Measuring Values, you can cherry pick what live data you wish to view/log. Without getting into too much detail here, on UDS Modules you have use the [Adv. Meas. Values] function, and on non-UDS modules, if we (Ross Tech) have documentation in the form of a label file for a given control module, then the [Adv. Meas. Values] is a bonus feature.

We often get asked by customers how can they see what all data a given control module can display. If there is a label file for a non-USD module, then you can click on the [Adv. Meas. Values] button and get a list of the documented data Ross Tech has. Now this will be the same data as with [Meas. Blocks - 08], but as noted, you can cherry pick what data you view. You can create lists and save them for later use as well.

From the Open Controller screen, click on the [Adv. Meas. Values] button.

You will have 2 windows opened up:

In the example above, I've gone ahead and cherry picked the live data I wish to view/log. This is the same data as in Measuring Blocks. Notice on the smaller window on the right, the "Loc." column, the 001, 003, 004, ect, those are Measuring Block Groups numbers. And the -1, -2, -3, -4 are the fields 1 to 4. There is no 002 listing because the label file doesn't have information on Measuring Block 002.

So after I've checked off the values I want to view, you can save these settings, click on the tiny VCDS icon that the red arrow is pointing to.

From the drop menu, click on "Save Selection to file..."

Give the file a name now, "forum_sample" for demo purposes here, then click on [Save].

Now if at a later date, I wish to view those same cherry picked values, go into [Adv. Meas. Values], click on the tiny VCDS icon, select "Load selection from file..." and locate the profile I created.

Ross Tech has included several helpful profiles as well.

Enjoy.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to create custom measuring block files while not connected to the car? I've only tried working with these while sitting in the car, but it would be advantageous to work on building custom files for later use. Thanks.

3. Likes aTOMic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It is possible, but you have to do it "by hand" (using Notepad).

-Uwe-

5. Likes El Polaco, vwdoc1 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way to log a snapshot in time of every available value when using "Advanced Measuring Values" due to measuring blocks not being available. Doing 12 at a time is a bit much when trying to capture all 1000 in a list (for 7 speed dual clutch gearbox). I know I don't need all the data, but the problem is I don't know what I might need! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It would take a considerable time to get all 1000, so even if we did this, it would not constitute a "snapshot".

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the vehicle is kept in a constant state (Ignition on, Engine on with vehicle stationary, Engine on with cruise engaged on a flat highway) during the considerable time it would achieve the goal of capturing a snapshot. I can write "send keys" scripts in VBA, however cannot work out how to click and unclick the boxes. Any clues as to the keyboard command to do so? Or other avenues to achieve the goal? Thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    where can i found block 93 in adv meas values? I don't see loc. Maybe these...
    Friday,21,April,2017,19:58:46:43878
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64
    VCDS Version: 17.1.3.0 (x64)
    Data version: 20170320 DS267.7
    www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WVWZZZ6RZBY077822 License Plate:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 01: Engine (03F 906 070 D)

19:58:42
    ENG110223-ENG103487 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge2-PSN_EDGE_2_AD_CAM_IN_1 7.6875
    ENG110224-ENG100550 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge3-PSN_EDGE_3_AD_CAM_IN_1 -0.5625
    ENG110225-ENG100831 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge4-PSN_EDGE_4_AD_CAM_IN_1 7.3125
    ENG110226-ENG99342 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge5-PSN_EDGE_5_AD_CAM_IN_1 -0.5625
    ENG110227-ENG100824 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge6-PSN_EDGE_6_AD_CAM_IN_1 9.1875
    ENG110228-ENG102698 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge7-PSN_EDGE_7_AD_CAM_IN_1 0.7500
    ENG110229-ENG102604 X_Intake_camshaft_signaledge_position_adapted_valu e_Edge8-PSN_EDGE_8_AD_CAM_IN_1 7.1875
    i have only adv meas values. My engine is 1.2tsi 8v.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by christosar View Post
    where can i found block 93 in adv meas values? I don't see loc. Maybe these...
    i have only adv meas values. My engine is 1.2tsi 8v.
    Your ECU uses UDS protocol. There is no "block 93" and I'm not sure what values would correspond to the data that would be found in block 93 in older ECUs.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.