... it was funny to me....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
7d8f1e4edda253af3b9e7c6f434ee542

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-apologizes-accidentally-sending-son-172311100.html

Reactions: Uwe

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/12/amazons-fart-app-is-the-best-reason-to-buy-an-echo-button/

Amazon’s fart app is the best reason to buy an Echo Button

Brian Heater
@ / 1 day

As of this writing, there’s a single, solitary review for Button Tooter. It’s three stars and three sentences, and it’s a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. “They clearly ran out of ideas!” the reviewer writes. “It’s kind of fun! How about a game where you can make music. [sic]” Is Amazon’s creation of a fart app a true indication of creativity bankruptcy?

Or is it the sign of a company that’s finally discovered the killer app for its new hardware platform. It’s true that, in the past, fart apps have become a bit of a shorthand for useless mobile software. And for a brief, but glorious moment several years back, fart apps topped the various mobile charts, only to pass like, well, to quote the Oscar-nominated film, “a fart in the wind.”

But Buttons have always been a curiosity among the Echo family, some employee’s side project that somehow made it into production. Amazon’s formed a couple of partnerships with game makers, but the company has clearly spent much more time focusing on the rest of its smart home devices.

I never had any desire to have an Echo Button in my life — and the Button Tooter arrived. Now all I can think about is how much I want a remote button that can make my Echo Spot fart. And $20 seems like a small price to pay for the five or so minutes of pure childlike joy it will bring to my life. When’s the last time you could say that about a gadget.

Because we may have gotten old in the blink of an eye, and technology may have made us callous and uncaring husks of our former selves. The world may be full of hate, and this precise moment in time may feel as though we’re closer to the brink of global destruction by our hands.

But there’s one truth I know, that has always and will always hold in the face of an ever-changing world: farts are funny. So go forth and press, friends.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^^^^
"The slide happened on takeoff. It appears to have been a left engine flameout when the pilot throttled up to take off. By the time he realized the engine was dead, he had already been airborne for a few seconds and raised the gear.
WTH? It has two engines. If it's already in the air, it should have no problem continuing to fly on just one!

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I just heard the funniest thing of the month at work today. One of my employer's crack staff of keystone mall cops was patrolling the parking lots recently with a ticket book. He ticketed a car, but did not realize that it was his own personal car that he had ticketed!

Remember, folks, these are the people that I am betting my life on to keep me alive and safe from a disturbed individual, because New Yorkistan state law won't let me carry my own licensed weapon where I work to protect myself.....

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Remember, folks, these are the people that I am betting my life on to keep me alive and safe from a disturbed individual,

Are they allowed to ticket disturbed individuals?

They should start.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
because New Yorkistan state law won't let me carry my own licensed weapon where I work to protect myself.....
What they don't know won't hurt them. ;)

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
What they don't know won't hurt them. ;)

On the surface I agree with you 100%.

That said, unless you have a good lawyer and/or are willing to accept the consequences of doing so and getting caught or called out...

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
On the surface I agree with you 100%.

That said, unless you have a good lawyer and/or are willing to accept the consequences of doing so and getting caught or called out...

If Uwe lived in New Yorkistan and had to jump through as many flaming hoops as I did to even get the permit, not following the rules to the letter of the law is *not* on the table...or under the table.

Let the record be shown that I submitted a formal request for an exemption and was denied. If anything happens to me, my wife and Blizzard will be set for life when the lawyers get involved.....

Back