... it was funny to me....

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I'm sure that he has the Mk7 steering rack in stock, to relocate your steering wheel back to the driver's seat position where it belongs..... ;)
I can say with great confidence that his steering wheel is already located on the driver's side of his car. :)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
^^^ Jack: given your response to vreihen, my mk7 Golf appears to be suffering from a mechanical ailment (related to a slack timing chain - I think). I'm OK fixing electrical stuff, but I have a profound aversion and a deep-seated fear of picking-up a spanner. I'm convinced that all my spanners spend their time conspiring against me as they lie together in my tool box - yes I know, I wouldn't be paranoid if it wasn't true that everyone was against me!

Anyhow, if I drive up there, can you fit me in? Just remind me - if I keep heading North, where do I turn?

Don

PS: And do you accept Pacific pesos (i.e. $AUD) as payment?

Charge is just good conversation.......but by appointment! :rolleyes:
Then we can yell at my tools together, as they often conspire against me by hiding in plain sight, further thinking I won't see them when I can't find them directly in front of me!

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Charge is just good conversation.......but by appointment! :rolleyes:

Remember to adjust for foreign currency, since he would be providing that conversation with an Aussie accent! :D

Also, please let me know when he arrives. I'll buy dinner for everyone at the faux restaurant chain that I loathe, just to see the dinner theater (TM) that ensues. :p

FWIW, the Aussies *really* know how to put on dinner theatre (sic).....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
XTRQQOg.jpg

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

X = 42. 42 is the meaning of life. I am alive. QED, I am not a robot. :)

Seriously though, the way that artificial intelligence and image processing are getting better and Americans are getting dumber, it may very well be that the back-end code is written to consider any login session providing the correct answer as coming from a robot..... :D

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
WLQvcBE.jpg

Florida Men arrested for stealing a utility pole.

Enquiring minds want to know what they were gonna do with with it if they had gotten away with it?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Enquiring minds want to know what they were gonna do with with it if they had gotten away with it?

Unclear but I would wager an alligator would be involved somehow.

Reactions: Uwe

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

Probably pocket $0.40/pound:

https://www.capitalscrapmetal.com/prices/

That actually looks like a traffic signal arm (like what you see in the background), not a utility pole. The two smaller pieces to the right on the roof rack look like the drop tubes that held the traffic signal lights below the crossbar. Again, squint at the functional unit in the background.)

Laugh all you want, but my wife took a garbage-can-sized load of scrap appliance power cords and Christmas lights to our friend's scrap yard, and came home with $50. Local power companies here have theft problems with people stealing the ground wires off of utility poles, and my grandfather used to make plenty of collars back in the 1970's as a railroad detective when people would steal scrap copper from parked/loaded trains.....

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Laugh all you want, but my wife took a garbage-can-sized load of scrap appliance power cords and Christmas lights to our friend's scrap yard, and came home with $50. Local power companies here have theft problems with people stealing the ground wires off of utility poles, and my grandfather used to make plenty of collars back in the 1970's as a railroad detective when people would steal scrap copper from parked/loaded trains.....
When I was a kid in West Philly, I used to go through the alleyways on trash day and collect newspapers. There was a recycling place that paid $0.50 / hundred pounds...

But the best part was.. Sometimes I'd find Playboy magazines in people's stacks of discarded newspapers. :o

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Florida Men arrested for stealing a utility pole.

ABC (not the yanky one!) said:
Three Victorian rail services were shut down after thieves stole copper cables during the night.

Services have now resumed after Metro replaced the cabling.

The cabling was taken near Dandenong, shutting down power to the Cranbourne and Pakenham city lines, as well as the V-Line country service from Gippsland.

Replacement buses were being offered during the morning peak, but rail operator Metro said it was taking at least twice the normal commute time for passengers to reach the city.

The Traralgon V-line train will stop at Pakenham and passengers will be transferred to buses for the trip into the city.

Melbourne drivers are also being warned that boom gates may be stuck down between Dandenong and Westall.

Not just a phenomenon in the the land of the free!!

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Don't know if this should be considered corporate stupidity or a crime against humanity...

Apple announced their third generation smart watch line last week. Since the first generation, they have probably raked in tons of cash offering an over-priced line of watch band options, since it only takes a few seconds to swap bands thanks to the sliding lug setup they used. Most of their watches ship with silicone sports bands that look like kiddie toys and probably cost them $1.99, forcing people to buy a proper band from them to spend additional money. For a low three-digit price, you can get adult bands in leather, stainless mesh, stainless links, nylon, etc.

The watch is offered in three basic tiers. The entry level tier has a brushed aluminum housing, and a cheap glass screen that easily scratches. Fitting for a silicone rubber kiddie band.

For a mere 33% more, they offer a mid-tier watch made of polished silver or black stainless steel, with a real crystal screen that doesn't scratch or even attract fingerprints. They have several dressy band options available, with mounting lugs that match the polished silver or black watch cases. You can tell from across a room that it isn't a cheap kiddie workout watch, and looks like a proper piece of wrist jewelry.

For those who want the ultimate, they have a premium line priced north of $1,300. Hand-crafted polished ceramic case in either white or dark gray ceramic, with a real crystal screen like the mid-tier. It comes with a silicone kiddie band, which makes it look like the entry-level watch unless you really squint. No problem, since anyone who would drop north of $1,300 for a watch will surely have a disposable income to buy an upgraded band from Apple's over-priced collection. Sounds like a smart business plan to me. Here's the corporate stupidity or crime against humanity part...they don't have a single band option in their entire collection with mounting lugs that match the color of the white or gray ceramic cases!!!

If someone wants to drop ludicrous coin on a watch that doesn't look like the cheap kiddie model, they have to hit eBay/Amazon for a pair of $7.99 Chinese watch band lugs to avoid clashing silver polished stainless mounting lugs against white or gray ceramic! What *were* they thinking????? :facepalm:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Entering a standard orbit around the planet Nibiru, captain.....

969d5a97f9eef1700903bb6f5bb0043c--star-trek-episodes-star-trek-series.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/world-may-end-sooner-expect-040758912.html

The world may end later this month, predictions say

Yahoo7
September 17, 2017

Doomsday may be here soon than expected, if you believe the conspiracy theorists claiming that the Earth is due to collide with another planet later this month.

Bible passages apparently supporting the centuries' old prediction of the end of the world on September 23 of this year has intrigued many around the globe, The Sun reports.

Christian numerologist David Meade says verses in Luke 21:25 to 26 tell us that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse seen by the US and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

"25: There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken," the passage says.

"26: Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

The September 23 date was pinpointed using codes from the Bible, as well as a "date marker" in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Meade's theory, which most people view through a widely skeptical lens, says that the so-called Pannet X, also known as Nibiru, will pass Earth on September 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes, The Sun reports.

But NASA has dismissed the claims, insisting the Planet X theory is merely a hoax.

This theory of when the apocalypse will occur was first mentioned in 1976 by author Zecharia Sitchin in his book The 12th Planet.

He believed the planet is home to ancient aliens called the Annunaki who he claimed created the human race.

The 2000-year-old prophecy was first described in the book of Revelations.

Meade wrote a book called Planet X – The 2017 Arrival - insisting Nibiru would crash into Earth in October, but then moved it forward by a few weeks.

His theory was given a boost this year when NASA discovered a new planet in the solar system, which they named Planet Nine.

Meade has been quoted previously saying: "It is very strange indeed that both the Great Sign of Revelation 12 and the Great Pyramid of Giza both point us to one precise moment in time – September 20 to 23, 2017."

Back