... it was funny to me....

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Blown clutch... no issue, just recode it to be an automatic in a few easy steps.

1. Go to ebay and purchase a vajcom409 all purpose surface cleaner
  2. Call test support and demand simple answers for impossible questions
  3. ????
  4. Profit

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I'll offer a half-eaten bologna sandwich for it...and coincidentally have an empty race car hauler to take it away tonight..... :D

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Can I add some used brass to my half-eaten bologna sandwich offer? :D

Here's one that has me shaking my head in disbelief. I ordered two parts on Amazon on Saturday. One is available Amazon Prime, and the other one is coming from the UK for $4.99 shipping. They need to be combined to make a final product. Given the UK shipping of the one part, I was baited into picking UPS standard shipping (and not the free Prime 2-day shipping) since the UK package would certainly take longer than two days to cross the Atlantic via Royal Mail.

Long story short, guess what made it from Bristol, UK...through Germany...and is now on USA soil and cleared by Customs in Newark, NJ in under 24 hours? Yup, out for delivery by the end of day! :facepalm: I can't believe that DHL would do an overnight international shipment for $4.99, or that they could bend the space-time continuum to get it here in just one day.

If there's any consolation, the third part of this jigsaw puzzle isn't due to arrive until Friday, so it isn't exactly like I need the other part today.....

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
@Jack - Jennifer finally got through to Peter Luger in NYC. October 23 (Monday), 4:45pm, party of 6, Brooklyn location. Mass transit? I like choo-choo trains..... :D

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
vreihen : It looks like a very nice restaurant, but without trying to downplay the obvious enjoyment of the clan-Jack (and clan-vreihen too, I assume). the pictures of the food look like a "heart attack on a plate"!! -If I might be allowed a suggestion, the next time that you consider Peter's Luger perhaps a more efficient way to achieve the same end is to inject the cholesterol straight into the aorta :cool:

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
If I might be allowed a suggestion, the next time that you consider Peter's Luger perhaps a more efficient way to achieve the same end is to inject the cholesterol straight into the aorta :cool:

You forget that I have a permanent IV tube leading from my chest straight to my heart...no syringe needed! (FYI, my heart drown itself from fluid retention. The plumbing is 100% clear, much to the amazement of my cardiologists who ran a camera all the way through looking for more billable items.)

Peter Luger has won numerous awards as the best steakhouse in NYC, and is arguably one of the top 10 in the entire country. You need to make reservations 2-3 months in advance for prime hours, and the only way to make a reservation is by telephone to a single phone line that's always busy. Getting a reservation at all is an exercise in perseverance!

Long story short, it is a 2-hour pilgrimage for us to the Mecca of steak, and each slice of cow costs about a hundred bucks...cash only...they don't take credit cards. It is a bucket-list trip, not something that we would probably ever do again.....

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
vreihen : It looks like a very nice restaurant, but without trying to downplay the obvious enjoyment of the clan-Jack (and clan-vreihen too, I assume). the pictures of the food look like a "heart attack on a plate"!! -If I might be allowed a suggestion, the next time that you consider Peter's Luger perhaps a more efficient way to achieve the same end is to inject the cholesterol straight into the aorta :cool:

Don

Blasphemy ............. :cool:
I'm going to do it anyway! & on an undisclosed day ............ reschedule please security seed violation negative response!

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
You forget that I have a permanent IV tube leading from my chest straight to my heart...no syringe needed! (FYI, my heart drown itself from fluid retention. The plumbing is 100% clear, much to the amazement of my cardiologists who ran a camera all the way through looking for more billable items.)

Peter Luger has won numerous awards as the best steakhouse in NYC, and is arguably one of the top 10 in the entire country. You need to make reservations 2-3 months in advance for prime hours, and the only way to make a reservation is by telephone to a single phone line that's always busy. Getting a reservation at all is an exercise in perseverance!

Long story short, it is a 2-hour pilgrimage for us to the Mecca of steak, and each slice of cow costs about a hundred bucks...cash only...they don't take credit cards. It is a bucket-list trip, not something that we would probably ever do again.....

vreihen: Yes I do keep forgetting about your "situation" - but in my defense, it's just because, your condition doesn't appear to have affected your intellect, or your unique view of the world and that's all that I see from this end of the forum

I have heard about these types of eating places from the numerous films and life-style shows that we get down here from our US brethren (please stop sending them!). I've never understood the want to go to a place that is so popular - better the road less traveled (IMO).

And I've never understood the philosophy of owners of such venues in tolerating booking facilities that result in such long waiting times. As a business owner in the premier capitalist country in the world, Mr Luger has at his disposal the perfect capitalist tool to solve the (very nice) problem of too much demand for his product: simply keep raising the price of his steaks until he finds the balance point (much higher than $100 USD/slice of meat). Easy solution which neatly identifies the customers that most value "Luger steaks"

Don

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I was just reading some online reviews of Peter Luger, and many of them comment on their excessive use of salt in their aging process. As painful as this is, I just asked Jennifer to spend several more hours trying to get through to them to cancel my reservation. I'm on a zero salt diet, and that place would probably kill me.

It looks like I will be spending that day sitting at home in "chicken and gravy" Montgomery cleaning my guns, and maybe feasting on some greasy parmesan-crusted wings from Hurricane Grill with Jennifer and Blizzard if they deliver. Do you know how hard it is to clean greasy chicken wing fingerprints off of a whole safe full of guns? I wonder if EEZOX comes in a 200-liter drum????? :confused:

Last edited:

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Yes I do keep forgetting about your "situation" - but in my defense, it's just because, your condition doesn't appear to have affected your intellect, or your unique view of the world and that's all that I see from this end of the forum

I'm somewhat amazed that I can pass off normalcy with a 3kg albatross hanging from my neck 24/7..... :(

20170920191601-895561de.jpg

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^^^^^^^^^ oooooooohhh............. I absolutely adore machines that have a "NO" button!!! My personally philosophy - when faced with choice, always press the NO button

As for normalcy - I would never insult you as possessing such a boring attribute. In fact, I seriously doubt that any one in Uwe's bar is "normal". Normal colleagues generally post in the technical part of this forum.

Don

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As for normalcy - I would never insult you as possessing such a boring attribute. In fact, I seriously doubt that any one in Uwe's bar is "normal". Normal colleagues generally post in the technical part of this forum.
Meh.

"Normal" people don't drive VW-Audi Group cars. They drive Toyotas, or some other equally boring, utterly soul-less transportation appliance.

And if an otherwise "normal" person does somehow end up in a VW/Audi product, they certainly don't get VCDS and try to tweak, retrofit, or repair it themselves. :D

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
^^^^^^^^^^^^ oooooooohhh............. I absolutely adore machines that have a "NO" button!!! My personally philosophy - when faced with choice, always press the NO button

One small problem. If you push that "NO" button, someone whom you *do* know will die! (Only episode of The Twilight Zone that I've ever watched.)

Back to the funny subject of this thread, I overheard part of a conversation in the hallway yesterday. "She used to be such a go-getter..." First thought to cross my mind is that the proper term should probably be go-gotter in the past tense. Gone-gotter? :D After spending the day drafting organizational documents yesterday, I'm easily amused.....

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
One small problem. If you push that "NO" button, someone whom you *do* know will die

OK- then most definitely stay away from the "NO" button. I'm certainly not suggesting this for you, but given my "personal philosophy", I'm not sure that I could resist the temptation - even with the consequences that you describe. Yes I know, time for me to see the therapist again!:D

After spending the day drafting organizational documents yesterday, I'm easily amused.....

I spent a goodly portion of the earlier part of my spectacularly unremarkable career playing with "organizational documents". My firm belief after many years of working in many large organizations is that they work in spite of their structure, not because of their structure!
(PS: I don't recommend that you share my observation in your documents).

Back