Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: VCDS Options - Your choice of what to buy!

  1. #31
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that. I shall look forward to my friendly distributor being able to supply one, as it'll no doubt be hit by Customs if you ship me one?

  2. Likes Uwe liked this post
  3. #32
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    AU/TH
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

    I have a USB-HEX-CAN registered cable that I purchased from you guys a couple of years ago.

    I've been using it on my MY13 A6 and a whole host of vehicles without any issues. My wife is about to buy a new VW Tiguan, MY17 model. Will my current cable have problems? I'm happy with what I have, but hope I won't have to be forced into an upgrade.

    What is it with the USB-HEX-CAN interface that makes it unsuitable, purportedly, with some of the brand new VAG models coming out? Have VAG changed the properties of the OBD port or is it just something that can be addressed with a firmware update to current USB-HEX-CAN cables?

    When I bought this cable I thought it was supported for life. I would be a little annoyed if lack of a firmware update makes my current cable obsolete due to planned obsolescence.

  4. #33
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    I've been using it on my MY13 A6 and a whole host of vehicles without any issues. My wife is about to buy a new VW Tiguan, MY17 model. Will my current cable have problems?
    I don't think we can give you a definitive answer to that question until you post a scan from the vehicle. I'm confident it will talk to most of the modules in it, but perhaps not all of them. It may depend on how the vehicle is equipped.

    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    When I bought this cable I thought it was supported for life. I would be a little annoyed if lack of a firmware update makes my current cable obsolete due to planned obsolescence.
    It is supported -- within its capabilities. But there simply isn't space in there for any further enhancements to the firmware's capabilities.

    -Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

  5. #34
    New User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Uwe,
    If I purchase this combination VCDS :

    Want the current generation, latest features, full coverage, wireless connection on virtually any compute device and unlimited number of VINs? You can buy that for $499 USD (HEX-NET)

    ... do I need as well Cable for this or I can rely on Bluetooth connection only. Is this system capable to erase/ignore my Bulb errors ( I have changed all my conventional halogen bulbs with LED on my VW Tiguan 2012 2.0TSI 132kW AWD Sport )

    Is it possible to order online from Ross and to be dispatched and delivered to New Zealand, Auckland please?

    Thank you very much and Merry Christmas and Happy New 2017 Year!

    Warm regards,

    VIKING

  6. #35
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ORCADES_VIKING View Post
    Hello Uwe,
    If I purchase this combination VCDS :

    Want the current generation, latest features, full coverage, wireless connection on virtually any compute device and unlimited number of VINs? You can buy that for $499 USD (HEX-NET)

    ... do I need as well Cable for this or I can rely on Bluetooth connection only. Is this system capable to erase/ignore my Bulb errors ( I have changed all my conventional halogen bulbs with LED on my VW Tiguan 2012 2.0TSI 132kW AWD Sport )

    Is it possible to order online from Ross and to be dispatched and delivered to New Zealand, Auckland please?

    Thank you very much and Merry Christmas and Happy New 2017 Year!

    Warm regards,

    VIKING
    Please see my reply here:
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...with-LED-bulbs

    -Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

  7. #36
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if i am in the right place but i am a registered user and purchased software for my 2013 A4, buying a 2017 (now that they are making manual transmission again) and was wondering if my Vagcom will be up to date with my new car?

  8. #37
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxnix View Post
    Not sure if i am in the right place but i am a registered user and purchased software for my 2013 A4, buying a 2017 (now that they are making manual transmission again) and was wondering if my Vagcom will be up to date with my new car?
    I expect it will be missing a module or two, depending on how the car is equipped.

    Suggestion: Wait until you get the car, then post an Auto-Scan with made with your HEX+CAN interface so we can see what's what.

    -Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

  9. #38
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reply, not a problem if there are a few missing modules, i was thinking more along the lines of the existing things my current car needed if they persist on the the new one, steering issues, and service interval resets. Niggling stuff, It looks like the wait is 3 months from order so the first thing I will do after I make sure the shipping pucks have been removed is an autoscan and post it up. Thanks much as always. Thus far my cable has been used on both my Audi and new GTI to great success.

  10. #39
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I am looking at getting the HEX-NET Enthusiast. It has full functionality with any browser(ideally using a Macbook Pro, or possibly iPad)?

  11. #40
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    14,822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by random1 View Post
    So I am looking at getting the HEX-NET Enthusiast. It has full functionality with any browser(ideally using a Macbook Pro, or possibly iPad)?
    Yes, VCDS-Mobile will work with any modern browser.

    However, VCDS-Mobile should probably not be regarded as a full-function substitute for VCDS.

    Of course, the HEX-NET also works with VCDS.

    -Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •