Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Options - Your choice of what to buy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerclicker View Post
    Are there any special circumstances for this situation? I sold my wired Hex-Can to buy a Hex-Net. Since I'm already registered, could my buyer use the extra registration when I purchase the Hex-Net?
    No, that's why we have a trade-in upgrade program.

-Uwe-
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

2. Likes crackerclicker liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    I don't think the registration is transferrable; but obviously wait for the official RT line on this.
    Autonerdz Pico group membership isn't so why should RT be !

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Zener & Uwe, that's what I needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Robski View Post
    Autonerdz Pico group membership isn't so why should RT be !
    Actually Robski, it is. If the seller buys another kit, he can transfer his second lifetime membership to the buyer. Most of the confusion surrounding Tom's system comes from folks not reading all the details. This is why I asked a question instead of just assuming.
    Last edited by crackerclicker; 04-14-2016 at 03:19 PM.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just took delivery on a 2016 GTI. I am seeking input for deciding what purchases I need to make and If I should wait or not to make the VCDS purchase(s). ATM I am interested specifically in more of the cosmetic codings at this time (light flashing sequence, turning off audible warnings, set different default display). I know I will be interested in investigating other functionality as needed from looking through the software or from reading misc. forums. Also, I would like to be able to do this for friend's Vw AG autos.

Well I put in my VIN and I'm directed here. The "VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface" is what I would have selected, but it is indicated on the webpage that some new new models may cause issues and suggest a wireless option. OTOH from a thread or 2 here I read that work is ongoing on a potential workaround involving a firmware update. I would prefer to end up w/ full functionality for all current Vw AG vehicles and am willing to wait.

1. As of this moment will the VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Interface work with my car w/ the release software and w/o a firmware update?
    2. If the answer is yes will there still be current Vw AG vehicles it will not fully function with?
    3. Should I just wait a short time until the beta software/firmware update hit's release to clarify the functionality?

Any Help/Guidance Will Be Appreciated,
    -LN

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We have yet to see anything in a North American MQB cars that doesn't work with a HEX-USB+CAN interface.

There appear to be a few things available in Europe that we don't get here could be problematical.

But right now, I believe the only VW/Audi products in North America that with systems that the HEX-USB+CAN can't talk to are the 2017 Audi A4 and Q7.

-Uwe-

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ty Uwe. -Tom

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will it be an option to buy the Hex Net interface with 10 vin limitation, and then upgrade to the Pro version if the 10 limit is hit?

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes. The option is planned but has not been turned on as yet: go to this page - Upgrades and then note Option 5:
    5. I HAVE: An enthusiast (10 VIN) HEX-NET

I want: An unlimited VIN license

10. Likes Viking, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates on shipping to the UK yet, or is it still USA Beta only?

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Any updates on shipping to the UK yet, or is it still USA Beta only?
    We've been shipping HEX-NETs to end-users world-wide for more than a year. It is not considered a Beta product when used as an interface for VCDS running on a PC. However, we still consider VCDS-Mobile is to be a Beta product. Distributors in other parts of the world who have shown that they're qualified to support the product should have HEX-NETs in stock starting around October 1.

-Uwe-