Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS Options - Your choice of what to buy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    At some point, yes there will.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright,
    Thanks for the quick reply, Uwe.
    At the moment I am good with the VIN10 option, but you never know

Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Is it possible to read engine blocks 208 and 209 with the VDCS lite version if it's registered?

Regards

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes, if VCDS-Lite talks to the ECU in and those blocks exist in that ECU, then the you can read them once it's registered.

-Uwe-

5. Likes Chivvyp liked this post
    Verified VCDS-Lite User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Yes, if VCDS-Lite talks to the ECU in and those blocks exist in that ECU, then the you can read them once it's registered.

-Uwe-
    The cars a 2005 AUDI TT 3.2 V6.

The unregistered version of VCDS is communicating with the car ok and the blocks definitely exist. So I'll take that as a yes. :-)

Thanks for the quick response

Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce / Uwe, can you update us on this please

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ex-Net-for-RoW

Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Update: We expect to make it a "released product" as an interface for the classic Windows-based VCDS software this fall, hopefully in October or November, but in any case, before the year is out.

However, VCDS-Mobile, which is what one would use on non-Windows platforms will remain in Beta for a while longer. I can't say right now how long it will take before we consider that a released product.

Now if anyone outside the US, who is an active member of this forum (such as golfi_vend) wants to one in the meanwhile, and understands that we still consider it a Beta, I think we can accommodate them.

-Uwe-
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    How do we go about this Uwe??
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Give us some time to work something out.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I buy a used HEX-NET unit from another user (he's only used one VIN), can I just go ahead and use it, or do I have to pay a fee to Ross-Tech to make it work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rico567 View Post
    If I buy a used HEX-NET unit from another user (he's only used one VIN), can I just go ahead and use it, or do I have to pay a fee to Ross-Tech to make it work?
    Yes it will work (check if it’s the 10 VIN or unlimited version) but you will not get support unless you pay $99 for it to be registered to you:

3.10 Can I sell my VCDS System to someone else?
    You can sell the Interface, but PC-based activations and support are not transferable. If you have a "dumb" interface for VCDS-Lite and the purchaser wants the full-function version, he will have to register as a new user for $99. All of our Current Interfaces act as "dongles" for VCDS, so the software should be fully functional on any PC that meets our requirements. However, we only provide support to the original owner. If you sell your interface to a third party and that person wants to be a "registered user" (eligible for product support and upgrades), he will have to register with us for $99 here.
    HEX-NET

2014 Škoda Yeti L&K (170CR)
    2016 Škoda Superb L&K (190CR)

11. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, Eric liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Yes it will work (check if it’s the 10 VIN or unlimited version) but you will not get support unless you pay $99 for it to be registered to you:

3.10 Can I sell my VCDS System to someone else?
    You can sell the Interface, but PC-based activations and support are not transferable. If you have a "dumb" interface for VCDS-Lite and the purchaser wants the full-function version, he will have to register as a new user for $99. All of our Current Interfaces act as "dongles" for VCDS, so the software should be fully functional on any PC that meets our requirements. However, we only provide support to the original owner. If you sell your interface to a third party and that person wants to be a "registered user" (eligible for product support and upgrades), he will have to register with us for $99 here.

Are there any special circumstances for this situation? I sold my wired Hex-Can to buy a Hex-Net. Since I'm already registered, could my buyer use the extra registration when I purchase the Hex-Net?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the registration is transferrable; but obviously wait for the official RT line on this.

14. Likes crackerclicker liked this post