Alpine i902D-G6 install - need to enable navigation menu, and disable built-in btooth

lightbody

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319911
Hi,

Yesterday I had an Alpine i902D-G6 Alpine stereo fitted to my UK 2012 Golf 6. This unit is designed to work fully with the car's microphone, steering wheel controls and dash-display.

The problems/questions I have are :-

(1) How do I enable the navigation menu in the dash display? I have VCDS fully updated and ready to go - but don't know what to do!

(2) How do I disable the car's built in bluetooth hands free kit (under the seat). The Alpine instructions say to remove the fuse because it conflicts with the equivalent features on the new head unit, but I can't find it - could I just unplug it?

Many thanks guys,

- Rob

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
In gateway installation list thick 37 Navigation this should add it to the instrument cluster if Alpine support this function.
you can just remove connector plug from bluetooth directly and in gateway Installation List untick 77 Telephone.

lightbody

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319911
Thanks. When i go to applications ... Gateway installation list, it retrieves the list, but i can't see how to add one?

Sorry for what is probably a stupid question.

lightbody

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319911
Thank you very much for your patience.

I now have the navigation menu coming up... unfortunately its just stuck at a compass pointing North, so obviously not talking to the Alpine unit the way its meant to...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
(2) How do I disable the car's built in bluetooth hands free kit (under the seat). The Alpine instructions say to remove the fuse because it conflicts with the equivalent features on the new head unit, but I can't find it - could I just unplug it?
Disconnecting it entirely would certainly be as effective as pulling its fuse(s).

The question then becomes whether 77-Telephone should remain checked in your Gateway Installation List, or whether it should be un-checked. You might want to try both ways.

-Uwe-

Back