Jetta V safe locking

Electrician70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=259444
Hi all

anyone know how has the safe lock mode been engineered to EU-model VW Jetta -07 central locking? One day drivers door was stuck. No fault codes. Safe mode been disabled with vcds a couple of years ago. Went to dealer and somehow they managed to open the door without damaging anything. Ok, replaced the door lock module with new one and worked fine - before I locked doors. Stuck again. Wiring harness of the door replaced also a couple of years ago. Found out that mk VII lock modules do have two Motors, one for safe locking. But how the heck is this one done…..?

2a3cp.jpg

Electrician70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=259444
Turned out that this VIN-based schematic diagram from Erwin has nothing to do with the module installed…. sigh….

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
I had to replace the lock actuators on my MQB Tiguan for safelock to work. The door control modules would happily accept coding changes to safelock functionality, but the door lock actuators lacked the functionality.

There should be loads of notes on the right side of the schematic though, pointing out which parts are installed when certain equipment is or isnt installed...

Electrician70

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=259444
Thanks for the reply MasterTommy

I had to break old working lock module to find the pin for the safe motor supply. Cut that wire and problem solved permanently :)

Reactions: Uwe
Back