Lowering the height a Audi Q7 2007 3.0 TDI Diesel with Air Suspension

drua82

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi there.

I want to lower my car using the airsuspension.

I have been using this link to guide myself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tOgSa0Fzls

I got the VCDS, and want to lower my Audi Q7 4L 2007. I plug the cable inn, start the car,
close the doors etc etc and enter the Security access code, all good.
I try to set the rideheight to 1 and 1, meaning 1 for front and 1 for back, so I want to lower my car 20mm front and back.

But I get the following error: " Coding Rejected: Error 31 : Request out of range. "

I only changed the numbers from 55 (original heigt) to 11 (lower 20 mm) in the Coding - 07

The pop up menu (that explains ride height and what numbers 1 through 10 means in millimeter) that comes up when you enter Coding -07 does not appear either.

I tried to "cheat" the car instead, since I could not enter the 1 1 in the code .
I went to Adaptation, and channel one, the stored value was 449 (original height) and after som fiddling with the value not getting accepted ( INVALID),
I got the NEW VALUE number up to 485.
The thought there was to cheat the car thinking it was much higher than it really is, so it will lower itself down.
After some fiddling I actually got it, and after I completed the Adaptadion, and when I measured, I got the car down 4 centimeters

But, I got a light in my dash, the yellow car with arrows up and down, so I tried one more time with the original values (449 front, and 465 Rear), and the warning light (yellow car with arrows up and down) dissapeared.
But I tried to lower it once more and then the yellow warning light lit up my dash, and i had to play ALOT to make it into original height again. And often hit the INVALID values in the Adaptation menu, and gor som ERROR on Channel 5 where you se the value to 1 for saving.

Is it not possible to lower an Q7 like the A8 in the youtube link?
Can anybody help me with this?
I really want to slam my Q7 down like the Audi A8 in the Youtube Link.

I am forever greatful.

I also have av SCAN LOG. I know I have an Air leak in the system, but for now everything works fine:

Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back