SRI - Reset not working - getting "Oil Change needed! Service Vechicle."

msobon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318091
I've performed an SRI reset after doing an oil change on my vehicle Passat TDI 2015 and everything was fine until I was driving second day and the "Oil change needed! Service vehicle." came on.

I did check I have oil and everything else checks out but this darn thing wont go away!
I tried doing it without vcds same thing, it comes back instantly!!

Please help!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I've performed an SRI reset after doing an oil change on my vehicle Passat TDI 2015 and everything was fine until I was driving second day and the "Oil change needed! Service vehicle." came on.

I did check I have oil and everything else checks out but this darn thing wont go away!
I tried doing it without vcds same thing, it comes back instantly!!

Please help!
Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

In addition, please hit [SRI Reset] on the main screen in VCDS, wait for it to read the various channels, and the click [Save to logfile]. Please post the resulting log here as well.

-Uwe-

msobon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318091
I got my answer after stopping by the dealer, it seems that if you overfill or underfill this will persist until you have the right level.

In my case I overfilled due to a slight incline on my driveway, lesson learned..

Now for VCDS scans the weird part is none would come up with any codes related to this which is the strange part, either way something to note..

Back