Touraeg Can Gateway 19 not working

Rotorcapp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=265694
Hi
I have just bought a 2008 toureg V10 with a few problems one of them current draw on the aux battery that for some reason the battery management wants to start from,.
Even when the starter battery is 12v+ and the aux is 11v.

I have done a few auto scans and saved them but unfortunatly away at work and cannot share them.

In the scans there were some com's errors.

I selected Can Gateway 19 and went to click on adaptation to try and see what the battery managment system entered as far as batterys ( both batterys have been changed
prior to me buying the car and do not have BEM codes)

The adaptation box was darker and did not open when clicked on.

Then while moving the computer around, I have accidently clicked on one of the coding boxes above so I just shut the window.

Now Can Gateway 19 will not open and I cannot auto scan.

I can still look at the engine controller etc and the car starts.

Could I have caused this just from just opening and closing one of the coding windows?

Any Help would be appreciated as I am just finding my way with VW's and VAG com.

Rotorcapp

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=265694
I just want some hints in how to get this Can Gateway up and running so I can start looking into these problems.

Your time and knowlage will be greatly appreciated!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Lgibson

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=41716
BTW, there has been false info out there. Rear battery is definitely responsible for glows and starter. You can log voltage drop in MVB’s. Any momentary dip below about 9.5v will throw codes.

If you haven’t yet removed the plenum drain bladder valves, do it. The address 11 ecu may have taken a bath in the plenum.

Back