Status
Not open for further replies.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
One year supply my ass... that's about two months for me.
Or two weeks for Uwe :p

x5yhhrl.png

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Or two weeks for Uwe
Depends how big one of their "Servings" is. :rolleyes:

But this makes me wonder what the shelf-life of Nescafe would be, if stored in original un-opened glass jars, kept in a dark place?

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Depends how big one of their "Servings" is. :rolleyes:

Ha! Reminds me of the most common complaint in reviews of the Technivorm I have.
"But it's not 8 cups!" Yes it is... European cups, from a coffee machine made in Europe... dingbats.

Bet you could keep Nescafe for a long long time.
I'm not sure if I'd rather go without coffee than drink instant though...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not sure if I'd rather go without coffee than drink instant though...
I'm not that fussy. You see I use milk or cream, and sugar. With enough of those, pretty much anything resembling coffee becomes drinkable. :D

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Yes it is... European cups, from a coffee machine made in Europe... dingbats.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :(

I was on a cruise a few years back, and our suite had some uber-fancy European coffee replicator device that would have looked more at home on the Starship Enterprise than a cruise ship suite. Radical that I am, I smuggled some powdered hot cocoa packets onto the ship, and decided that I wanted a cup one morning. Rip the envelope open, pour the powder into the dry cup, stick the cup under the thing that looked like a hot water outlet, pushed the button, and POOF!!! The powder went flying EVERYWHERE, and my face looked like I had worked a day in a coal mine! What country thought that a coffee pot that dispenses *steam* at high pressures into beverages was a brilliant idea?!?!? Even worse, because the machine was electronic, it wouldn't stop until it had completed its pre-programmed explosion^H^H^H routine. After the cabin steward helped me clean up the mess, he advised me to prevail myself of the butler to fetch a pot of hot water for tea every morning after that.

I say that I was a radical for smuggling hot cocoa onto the ship because probably 75% of the passengers are smuggling alcohol on-board trying to avoid the high bar fees. They X-ray every piece of luggage and person boarding the ship, looking for guns, bombs, Cardboardeaux bladders, and Swiss Miss packets..... :)

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
POOF!!! The powder went flying EVERYWHERE, and my face looked like I had worked a day in a coal mine! What country thought that a coffee pot that dispenses *steam* at high pressures into beverages was a brilliant idea?!?!? Even worse, because the machine was electronic, it wouldn't stop until it had completed its pre-programmed explosion^H^H^H routine. After the cabin steward helped me clean up the mess, he advised me to prevail myself of the butler to fetch a pot of hot water for tea every morning after that.

In tears laughing so hard.... that story made my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back