VCDS Network Error

bumpo411

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296297
Has anyone gotten this message before? I can’t update or scan my vehicle because it’s claiming it can’t connect to the network. I’ve reinstalled the program on my computer and made sure that my firewall wasn’t blocking it. I can’t think of anything else that I could do.
JcmU17Y

2jqLQGB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Let's start with the basics: Is it safe to assume you can access the web from this machine?

If so, this error is usually indicative of something blocking outbound connections on TCP port 11000. Could be the firewall software on your computer, or it could be a router on your network.

Start by rebooting your computer. If that doesn't fix it, reboot your router(s). If still no joy, try setting up a hot-spot on your phone and connecting the computer to that.

-Uwe-

bumpo411

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296297
The computer is connected to the internet via WiFi in the garage. I tried rebooting the computer, made sure that my firewall isn’t blocking the program, and I put up a hot spot on my phone, which still didn’t work. The only thing I can think that is different since the last time I used it, would be that the mcafee program that came up the computer, expired.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The only thing I can think that is different since the last time I used it, would be that the mcafee program that came up the computer, expired.
You might try uninstalling that.

Of course, that has been known to be a bit difficult:

(Sorry, couldn't resist). :D

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

The only time I have ever had internet connectivity problems (with many programs) was when I installed McAfee (it was also the only time we ever got viruses) so McAfee very quickly when into the trash and got replaced with either Avast or Bitdefender.

Reactions: Uwe

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912

If you ever sell VCDS to a big company (god forbid), please make such a video as well.

"Uwe Ross
Founder of Ross Tech
Benevolent Dictator"

on

How to connect your HEX+ODIS

:D

Last edited:

bumpo411

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=296297
UPDATE: Deleted McAfee, which had expired, and it started to work perfectly fine again. It updated and connected to the network without any problems and I'm going to connect it to my vehicle shortly.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
UPDATE: Deleted McAfee, which had expired, and it started to work perfectly fine again.
I've only ever had network connectivity problems (and virus infections) when using McAfee - so no McAfee product will EVER be installed on any of our PCs again.

Several other much better IMHO AV/security products are available...

Reactions: Uwe
Back