Mass airflow output test b7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closer

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hello all, good friday. Did a search here and nothing came up. Wondering what the output test procedure and proper value is for the b7 A4? Thanks in advance.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Welcome to the forum.

You need to post a full AutoScan in between CODE tags when you ask a question. [CODE] Full AutoScan [/CODE]

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The MAF is an input (sensor), not an output (actuator). You generally can't do an Output Test on a sensor.

I'm with Keith -- post up an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what your car is made of.

-Uwe-

Closer

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
The MAF is an input (sensor), not an output (actuator). You generally can't do an Output Test on a sensor.

I'm with Keith -- post up an Auto-Scan so people can see exactly what your car is made of.

-Uwe-
What would be the point, there's no p codes?

I've read you can do this with a regular simple obd scanner??

Closer

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP

I think the link would've been more poignant if there were actual text or pics of the readings. I should rephrase that it wasn't an output test, but a baseline reading at idle maybe.

Last edited:

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
I think the link would've been more poignant if there were actual text or pics of the readings.

The point of the link was that I don't think you own VCDS, are using a generic OBD-II scanner, and have come here for help instead of investing in a factory repair manual.

Closer

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
I am a vagcom owner and never have used this forum. I came to the very source's forum to ask for help and all I get weird unrelated rhetoric. Why even reply if you're not going to help? I was under the assumption that this was a learning tool not socialization.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
I am a vagcom owner

Excellent !
Suggest you register so your account can be promoted to Verified, and post the Auto-Scan that was requested.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
What would be the point, there's no p codes?

I've read you can do this with a regular simple obd scanner??

The point would be that we would know what the installed modules in the vehicle are. An autoscan provides much more information than just the VAG and Pcodes found with faults.

As to reading the MAF, yes, you can use a simple OBDII reader. Go find the OBDII functions for reading live PIDs. On this forum, we speak VAG speak using the VAG protocols.

And may I ask the point of throwing the OBDII comment our way? Do you prefer OBDII over our factory level tool?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What would be the point
As I said previously, so people can see what the car is made of, because not all B7 A4s are identical.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back