Extended service interval oil change settings Audi A8 4.2 TDI 2013

jeffry

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Could anybody tell me are the below setting for extended service interval oil change is correct. That are the setting which service made when they change oil a few mounts ago. I have doubts about the competence of this service and I want to check if the settings are correct.I bought VAG cable and software soon and while I was looking at my oil change settings I noticed that the value for “IDE00515-ESI: oil quality” is “poor oil quality”. I have read that for the Extended Service Interval Oil Change this must be set to “good oil quality” but not “poor oil quality”! If it is correct can I change it now on “good oil quality” and it is necessary to change the value for “soot entry” too?
The car is Audi A8 4.2 TDI, 2013.

Mileage: 81212km-50462mi Repair Order:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDS Release 18.2.0: SRI Reset-SRI1.CLB
Control Module Part Number: 4H0 920 830 R Labels: .4H0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
Component:TDieRDWACCNV- H53 0621, Coding:13860800BF550008000000
Operation: Please select an operation
*****************************************************************************************************
Channel Description Current val. New val.
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI ESI: Service Reminder Status no warning ---
IDE00510-ESI: distance driven from inspection ESI: Distance since Inspection 7600 km ---
IDE00511-ESI: time from inspection ESI: Time since Inspection 192 Days ---
IDE00515-ESI: oil quality ESI: Oil Quality poor oil quality ---
IDE00517-ESI: soot entry ESI: Soot Quantity 24700 km ---
IDE00518-ESI: thermal load ESI: Thermal Load 9600 km ---
IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service SIA: Maximum Distance to Service 30000 km ---
IDE01154-SIA: maximum value of time to service SIA: Maximum Time to Service 730 Days ---
IDE03349-FIX: Max. distance until next mileage-related inspection FIX: Maximum Distance to Inspection 30000 km ---
IDE03350-FIX: Maximum time until next time-dependent inspection FIX: Maximum Time to Inspection 730 Days ---
IDE03351-FIX: Distance covered since last mileage-dependent inspection FIX: Distance since Inspection 7600 km ---
IDE03352-FIX: Time since last time-dependent inspection FIX: Time since Inspection 192 Days ---
*****************************************************************************************************

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No, "Poor Oil Quality" is never correct for flexible/extended intervals.

Please post a complete Auto-Scan for context.

-Uwe-

jeffry

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi Uwe,
Thank you for your reply!
Please see below a complete Auto-Scan!

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

kind regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffry

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
I can't understand you?!
I need to know the following:
1. Is the setting for ESI Oil change on my car are correct or not?
2. What does it meas "soot entry" because the value for "soot entry" at the moment is 35500km?
3. At the moment the display in the car display how many miles have passed since the last oil change, but not how many kilometers remain until the next oil change. How to change it to display the remaining miles until the next oil change as normal?
Here is the configuration of Oil change at the moment:

VIN: WAUZZZ4H0EN007538 License Plate:
Mileage: 81537km-50664mi Repair Order:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VCDS Release 18.2.0: SRI Reset-SRI1.CLB
Control Module Part Number: 4H0 920 830 R Labels: .4H0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
Component:TDieRDWACCNV- H53 0621, Coding:13860800BF550008000000
Operation: Please select an operation
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Channel Description Current val. New val.
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI ESI: Service Reminder Status no warning ---
IDE00510-ESI: distance driven from inspection ESI: Distance since Inspection 7900 km ---
IDE00511-ESI: time from inspection ESI: Time since Inspection 212 Days ---
IDE00515-ESI: oil quality ESI: Oil Quality good oil quality ---
IDE00517-ESI: soot entry ESI: Soot Quantity 35500 km ---
IDE00518-ESI: thermal load ESI: Thermal Load 10300 km ---
IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service SIA: Maximum Distance to Service 30000 km ---
IDE01154-SIA: maximum value of time to service SIA: Maximum Time to Service 730 Days ---
IDE03349-FIX: Max. distance until next mileage-related inspection FIX: Maximum Distance to Inspection 30000 km ---
IDE03350-FIX: Maximum time until next time-dependent inspection FIX: Maximum Time to Inspection 730 Days ---
IDE03351-FIX: Distance covered since last mileage-dependent inspection FIX: Distance since Inspection 7900 km ---
IDE03352-FIX: Time since last time-dependent inspection FIX: Time since Inspection 212 Days ---
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Kind regards,

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I can't understand you?!
Then let me be more clear:

You are using an illegally pirated copy of VCDS.

In order to get help here, in this forum, you must use a legitimate VCDS system.

-Uwe-

mattylondon

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219022
If you're running a 5 year old A8, I'm sure you can dig into your pockets buy a legit version.

Last edited:

jeffry

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi UWE,
Thanks for the clear and comprehensive answer!
Let me explain the real situation.
In fact, this cable is not mine, but my friends’ who bought it some time ago and he praised at me that he finally managed to permanently shut down the annoying “start/stop system”, which in the authorized services they refuse to do. He offered me to do it on my car and I enjoyed it, because it has irritated me since I drive this car, but in the authorized service they always say it can’t be done. I also asked him to look at the oil change settings because the last oil change the service had left it on the short interval 15,000 km. range. I had to go there again to change this setting to Extended Service Interval (ESI), 30000 km. They did it rather slowly and uncertainly which causes me suspicions that they didn’t do it properly. My doubts are also reinforced by the fact that the remaining miles to the next oil change displayed at the car display exactly in proportion to the actual mileage, which should not be so when I drive my car mainly in urban conditions at short distances with multiple cold start. I downloaded the configuration and it turned out they didn’t really make the settings properly. They were set "pure oil quality" instead of "good oil quality". We changed this parameter but the value of “soot entry” also was changed automatically. It could be adjusted manually, but we were not sure whether we should change it and how. I searched for information on the Internet in different forums and sources and the only place where I found something about "ESI oil change" and "soot entry" was your forum. I made a registration and released the post. You answered and asked me to send you the complete Auto scan configuration. Unfortunately, meanwhile my friend was abroad and I had to wait for him to come back to download the information. That's why I delayed more than a week with my reply and sending the full file. If I had bought my own cable as I had written for ease in the first post I would do it right away the next day. I bought this car almost brand new in less than a year and 10000km. and you are right that I have enough financial resources to buy an original cable from you. So far I have never thought about it because I did not have the time and the intention to deal with these things myself. It was easier for me to drive my car to an auto service and pay to do so. Unfortunately, however, I can’t find a quality service with a capable and literal technicians who know what they are doing, and I don’t have to do things by myself. For this reason, I was not interested in the purchase of cables and I did not read in detail how you work. Only after receiving your last response and seeing the status of my profile “Pirate” got your details in your forum, I questioned my friend where he bought his cable and I knew what you were doing and why you were unhappy. I had no intention of saving some small money and bypassing your rules. Please excuse me if I offend you with something. After all that I've met so far, I can see that purchasing such a cable would be useful to me, and if I can count on your support for resolving different cases, I will be happy to buy it. I would like to get your recommendation which cable would be best suited for my personal use as I am not a mechanical engineer, but I am a communications engineer and I do well electronics and software to it!
Kind regards,

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Only after receiving your last response and seeing the status of my profile “Pirate” got your details in your forum, I questioned my friend where he bought his cable and I knew what you were doing and why you were unhappy. I had no intention of saving some small money and bypassing your rules. Please excuse me if I offend you with something
Apology accepted.

I would like to get your recommendation which cable would be best suited for my personal use
The least expensive HEX-V2 with a 3-VIN license should meet your needs.

Let me know when you have one so I can adjust your user status here.

-Uwe-

Back