Data to Log

NickSTi7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326122
J34pr11

There it is. No visible damage from what I can tell, inspected the area where it came out of and it looks fine. Are these valves known for failing occasionally?

esAANGX

NickSTi7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326122
Oh ok, the pictures not showing up, although I followed the steps provided on your how-to. Not sure if it's relevant but on the bottom left of my screen, where it tells me my permissions, it says I May post new threads, I may post replies, I may NOT post attachments, and I may edit my posts.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Here's the image from the post you deleted above:

uUN2hDY.jpg

You don't need to attach anything. All you need to do is use the appropriate syntax; image tags to the actual image file, like this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/uUN2hDY.jpg[/img]

-Uwe-

praz1988

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303013
Have you checked your vehicle against recall 15D6??
Can you see any damage on the bearing bridge (this may need to be removed in order to investigate further).
Looks like some sort of debris on the end of the valve Id check the gauze on the bearing bridge (refer to above stated recall).

NickSTi7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326122
Have you checked your vehicle against recall 15D6??
Can you see any damage on the bearing bridge (this may need to be removed in order to investigate further).
Looks like some sort of debris on the end of the valve Id check the gauze on the bearing bridge (refer to above stated recall).

I called my local Audi dealer and they ran my VIN, said there were no recalls issued for this vehicle at all, so hopefully thats all good. I am going to remove the bearing bridge today so will keep you posted on that. On a side note, are there any simple or quick tests I can do to verify that this cam adjuster is functioning properly?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:

NickSTi7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326122
uRHuskv

NickSTi7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326122
Nick you have an empty post..........

Whenever I try to add an image in tags, it makes my post empty, I don't get it, I think I must be missing a very simple step here somehow, forgive me I'm pretty new to forums! This is what I'm doing.
uRHuskv[IMG]

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Whenever I try to add an image in tags, it makes my post empty, I don't get it, I think I must be missing a very simple step here somehow, forgive me I'm pretty new to forums! This is what I'm doing. https://imgur.com/a/uRHuskv[IMG][/QUOTE]
The problem is you're trying to embed the page the image is on, rather than the image itself. In this case, the image itself is here:

[url]https://i.imgur.com/DgbgLmX.jpg[/url]

So if you surround that with IMG tags, you'll get this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/DgbgLmX.jpg

To get a link to the image itself, right-click it on the page it's on, and select 'Copy Image Location' (Firefox) or 'Copy Image Address' (Chrome).

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
If anyone can please advise what a screen will prevent in such a location after the oil sump & besides damage, please oh please share it with me ........?

NickSTi7

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326122
If anyone can please advise what a screen will prevent in such a location after the oil sump & besides damage, please oh please share it with me ........?

What does this mean, man! You gotta understand, I'm a simpleton, I tend to speak in plain language! I totally believe you that you're very sophisticated and well educated and all that jazz, but I'm askin' ya, do you think I need to take some stuff apart to look for that screen, or..?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
What does this mean, man! You gotta understand, I'm a simpleton, I tend to speak in plain language! I totally believe you that you're very sophisticated and well educated and all that jazz, but I'm askin' ya, do you think I need to take some stuff apart to look for that screen, or..?

Yes......
Anytime FOD has damaged something or by vicarious travel, it must be verified and vacated, then corrected, further quality checked and to ensure the repair is complete!

praz1988

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303013
I'm afraid to say the bearing bridge is defective due to the gauze failure, can you please upload a picture of the camshaft that the bearing bridge slides onto. The recall states that if damage has been sustained to the camshaft surface this to must be replaced. My opinion would be to see if the missing piece of gauze can be located. I have seen on rare occasions the gauze failure to cause damage to the cam chain tensioner if not fully removed.

praz1988

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303013
this "screen" acts a pulsation damper

Back