Windows 10 tablet for vcds - rca cambio 10.1

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
Hello, I recently picked up a cheap windows 10 tablet+keyboard at walmart on sale for ~$110.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Cambio-2-in-1-notebook-tablet/377119556

I have had a few days with it now and while it is nothing spectacular, it might very well be a perfect VCDS companion.

The keyboard is detachable and dumb (no battery or anything else in it), and the tablet itself is not the greatest quality or performance, but I managed to get it all updated to the latest windows 10 and it runs chrome and vcds respectably.

You can use it with or without the keyboard, the screen detaches to a self contained tablet running windows 10.

There is only 32 gig built in storage, but there is a microsd slot for an extra storage drive.

The rated battery is about 6 hours, but it lasted all day with off and on browser usage for me.

It also has a mini hdmi connection so you can hook to a tv/monitor, and it has both a regular usb and a usb3 ports.

Really, other than the slow performance, the most annoying thing is that instead of using a USB charger, it has an old style small barrel plug power adapter.

Anyway, if you are in the market for a decent portable VCDS station, check out your local walmart.

addendum; there are 2 versions of this device, one is windows and the other is android. Obviously for VCDS purposes you will want the windows version. I have not used the android version, but given the hardware, it probably not much faster than the windows version.

There are also older versions, the new one has USB3 and newer processor, and the box looks exactly like the walmart link.

Brand: RCA
Model: w101cs

Back