Making mistakes

Peppa&Salt

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333028
After talking to a Ross tech representative for some general information on my recent purchase I've been worried about making a mistake. Can someone explain what the consequences are if you accidently close out of vcds while being into a module? What are common mistakes to avoid? What are the proper ways to close the software and disconnect? I'm just trying to get more knowledge on the whole system. Thanks guys.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It really shouldn't cause a problem to close out of VCDS while in a module. It's a diagnostic session. The module will close it. OK, IIRC there were a few modules way back when that wouldn't properly go to sleep if when the car's ignition was turned off if the diagnostic tool didn't explicitly close the session, but the worst thing that would cause was a flat battery, and generally only if things were left like that for more than just overnight.

Tips:

1) Make and save an Auto-Scan before doing anything else. This gets you a record of the car's condition, and all the codings.

2) Make an Adaptation Channel Map before you change Adaptation Channels in a module.

3) Don't do anything that named "Reset All..." without following a procedure that explicitly calls for it, or without asking first.

-Uwe-

Back