2018 Q7 Traffic Sign Recognition

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has come across a Q7 that has traffic sign recognition enabled from factory, or has successfully enabled it?

Have a friend who just bought a Q7. I followed the known instructions for MQB cars and whilst the new 'Traffic Sign recognition' page appears in the instrument cluster and doesn't give any faults, 'it won't see the signs'...

Reminds me of a track from Mark B and Blade...however I digress...

Have performed these coding/adaptation changes:

5F Information Electronics:
Coding
Byte 24, enable Bit 6 (vza, activated)
Adaptation
Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2 - menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, Activated
Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 - menu_display_road_sign_identification, Activated

I also tried changing the traffic sign recognition msg bus from the default of 'Terminal 15' to 'Databus Extended' which seems to be a valid setting on some other cars, but this also made no difference.

A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance:
Coding
Byte 16, Bit 4 (VZE, coded)
Adaptation
'Road sign detection fusion mode' and set to 'Road Sign Detection'

17 Instruments:
Coding
Byte 5, enable bit 2 and also Byte 14 bit 6 (traffic_sign_detection, Yes)
Byte 5, enable bit 2 (traffic_sign_display_BAP, Yes)

Autoscan and admaps are already posted in this thread:
http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?13741-2018-Q7-3-0-TDI-200kw-Australia

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
5F:

Normally the front camera is on the extended can in MQB cars. That should be a good starting point. Otherwise google or check WD.
Menu_road_sign_identification should have a couple of channels, one which is over_threshold_high. Activate that one as well.

A5:

Set road sign detection fusion mode to ‘Fusion’. That way nav data and camera imaging is combined. Gives a much more consistent result.

Last edited:

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
5F:

Normally the front camera is on the extended can in MQB cars. That should be a good starting point. Otherwise google or check WD.
Menu_road_sign_identification should have a couple of channels, one wich is over_threshold_high. Activate that one as well.

A5:

Set road sign detection fusion mode to ‘Fusion’. That way nav data and camera imaging is combinex. Result is a much more consistent result.

Thanks for the reply.
I checked that over_threshold_high is set to active in 5F.
Have tried with A5 fusion mode set to both 'Fusion' and 'Road Sign Detection' but it still can't seem to identify any signs.

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
So this is another one that looks like it needs a parameter set. In this case for the A5 front camera, much like TJA.
If anyone happens to come across a Q7 with rev E camera that has VZA active I would be very grateful to hear from you ;)

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
To my knowledge all MLBevo cameras need parameters for enabling VZE.

Reactions: mtl

booba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=67317
i have 2017 q7 in australia. i paramatized the camera and set various computers etc but no luck, still traffic signs were not recognised.

FandaTDI

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=204559
And what about A7 2O11? Tried it some time ago and also with (almost) no sucess (activated but not recognising...) and it almost seemed like region/country dependable...

evaddirb

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123734
So this is another one that looks like it needs a parameter set. In this case for the A5 front camera, much like TJA.
If anyone happens to come across a Q7 with rev E camera that has VZA active I would be very grateful to hear from you ;)

I have a new MY19 Touareg with TJA but not sure what A5 front camera, if that helps?
Also trying to enable VZA

Back