New VAG-COM USER

Gmartin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325626
Hello I’m Greg
The first time I used Vag-Com for auto scan I keep getting FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE PLEASE USE ( options ) > ( test ) for further details. I followed the directions but can’t seem to figure it out. Remember this is the FIRST time I used it. I would appreciate any ideas any one has. Thanks Greg

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
You have to plug the interface cable into your computer and plug it into the car. Then turn on the car's ignition (you do not have to start the engine). Start the VCDS program on the computer. Click the options button, then make sure the correct communications is selected (probably USB), then press the test button. You should see a pop up window saying something about the interface found and working. Then you have to press the save button to write the config file. After this the interface should work perfectly until you next update the software. You have to do this test sequence every time that you update to a newer version of VCDS.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. If you get an error message when you press the test button, post what that error message says.

Last edited:

Gmartin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325626
Hello Don, I think I’m having some progress but I’m not sure. I got the GREEN bar to come up but its not moving more than a 1/4 inch. We do have super slow WiFi service out in rural WISCONSIN ( 2.4 gb ) would this make a difference on autoscan?
Thanks Greg

Got it to work finally, I ran a autoscan and saved it but now I went back to retrieve it to print it and I can’t find it. Does anyone know how to find it. Thanks

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is this VCDS on a PC or VCDS-Mobile in a browser?

-Uwe-

Gmartin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325626
Hello UWE , it is on new DELL PC and I’m not real knowable on computers I’ve been on IPADS UNTIL NOW.
Thanks Greg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Well, you do have a HEX-NET. So you could be using VCDS-Mobile in a browser, or you could be using the classic VCDS Windows program.

If you're using VCDS-Mobile, there's a [View Saved Files] button on the opening screen.

If you're using the classic Windows VCDS program, saved files will be in the Logs sub-folder, typically:
C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs

-Uwe-

Gmartin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325626
Thanks Uwe, found it thanks for your help��

Back