OBD eleven for rear view camera on 2012 Tiguan and programing keys for 2008 Beetle

bscote

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum and trying to help out my girlfriend by putting in a rear view camera (VW OEM) in a 2012 Tiguan with a VW head unit that needs to be coded after installation and coding 3 new key fobs to a 2008 VW Beetle. I would like to find out before I purchase anything if the OBD eleven can do this or if I have to go to the dealer and pay big bucks?
Thank you for your time, Scott

Shep

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315130
Hi Scott. You do realise that your question is like asking Panasonic for support on a Sony Product, do you not have a Ross-Tech product?

Reactions: Uwe

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
I would like to find out before I purchase anything if the OBD eleven can do this or if I have to go to the dealer and pay big bucks?

This is a question to be asked on the ODBeleven forum (if there is one). Ross-Tech does not make it, therefore they do not support it. Would you ask a Ford dealer to troubleshoot and fix a Chevy?

Have Fun!

Don

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Adding a key fob to a 2008 beetle can also be a bit tricky with VCDS. Remote matching for central locking I believe isn't a problem but adding a key to your immobiliser is not something VCDS can do.

bscote

Reaction score
My apologies.

Hi Scott. You do realise that your question is like asking Panasonic for support on a Sony Product, do you not have a Ross-Tech product?

Yes, I realize now that I posted this to the wrong forum. Thank you for your reorientation...

bscote

Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

Sorry to post this question to the wrong forum. But, are you saying even with the VCDS I would not be able to program the key fobs completely regarding the immobilizer?

bscote

Reaction score
Understood. I was considering the Ross-Tech too and forgot to make that my question.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Sorry to post this question to the wrong forum. But, are you saying even with the VCDS I would not be able to program the key fobs completely regarding the immobilizer?

Yes that is the case

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn

bscote

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. Is there a way to get the PIN/SKC codes? Or, should I just save a lot of trouble and go to a Automotive Locksmith?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Thank you for the information. Is there a way to get the PIN/SKC codes? Or.... go to a Automotive Locksmith?

Locksmith is your solution. We know of no tool that pulls PIN Codes. Even the factory tool will not show these to you.

bscote

Reaction score
Locksmith is your solution. We know of no tool that pulls PIN Codes. Even the factory tool will not show these to you.

Thank you very much. You have saved me a lot of trouble. Enjoy your day!

Back