KII-USB with 2014 S4

blockage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=52880
I had a KII-USB that I used a few years ago with my '07 VW CC. I'd like to use it with my 2014 S4 that I picked up recently, but when I downloaded the latest VCDS 18.2.0 and upgraded the firmware, I can't get anything back from the car.

Is the KII-USB compatible, or will I need to upgrade to yet another dongle? I used to have a different dongle for a '97 A4, so I was hoping the KII-USB would last me longer...

Thanks,
---John

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
I had a KII-USB that I used a few years ago with my '07 VW CC. I'd like to use it with my 2014 S4 that I picked up recently, but when I downloaded the latest VCDS 18.2.0 and upgraded the firmware, I can't get anything back from the car.

Is the KII-USB compatible, or will I need to upgrade to yet another dongle? I used to have a different dongle for a '97 A4, so I was hoping the KII-USB would last me longer...

Thanks,
---John

how ???
KII-USB is DUAL K-line ...good for cars up to 2003
Your Passat 2007 CC with K-line use only Airbag and perhaps ECU
all others need CAN (HEX CAN, MICRO CAN etc)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
KII-USB is DUAL K-line ...good for cars up to 2003
There's no hard cut-off date. Some cars (T5 and New Beetle) had everything on K-Line until 2010.

But indeed, it is not compatible with a 2014 S4. Upgrades are here. As the registered user of a KII-USB, the OP is in Category 3.

-Uwe-

blockage

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=52880
There's no hard cut-off date. Some cars (T5 and New Beetle) had everything on K-Line until 2010.
But indeed, it is not compatible with a 2014 S4. Upgrades are here. As the registered user of a KII-USB, the OP is in Category 3.
-Uwe-

Great, thank you both for the replies!

I *thought* I had used the KII with my CC...but after thinking about it more, I'm likely mistaken <sheepish grin>.
It didn't feel like it was that long since I last used the KII, and I'm not sure why I would have purchased that if not for my CC. I'm pushing 50 and my memory isn't what it used to be!

At any rate, I'll head over to the upgrades and pick up one of the HEX dongles.

Cheers!
---John

Back