Thread: Stolen Audi A4 in Australia (disable old key)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Stolen Audi A4 in Australia (disable old key)

Hi,
    I recently had my car stolen and the thief has one of the key fobs, now with luck I have had the car found and returned by police but I am worried that it is not safe for me to leave the same key code on it, can anyone tell me what procedure is needed to change the key and software code in order to circumvent this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    vcds can't do this. you'll need to find yourself an immo expert or visit the VW dealer (but the latter one will offer to give the car a new identity = $$$)

3. Likes JoeB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to visit a dealership, hard to know which one as you have not given any vehicles details, in order for them to remove the missing key. An authorised 3rd party VW Group Services Provider can do this also. They will use the official VW Group tool to "service" the immobiliser and then re-code any keys which you still have back to the car. After this procedure the missing key / keys will still be able to open your vehicle but will not be able to start it. Only way to stop the opening of your car would be to change the locks.
    VAG Car Coding
    Adaptation | Coding | Diagnostic | Retrofit - London, United Kingdom

Authorised VW Group Services Provider and Independent Repairer
    @vagcarcoding

5. Likes JoeB liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Auto-scan........please

A well placed kill switch?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-13-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

7. Likes JoeB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It would be good to know the generation and model year of this A4 at a very minimum. :-)

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts, JoeB liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes Uwe, JoeB, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just find local locksmith...... easy to do if you know right people.....And right people can make car inaccessible for dealer also But much more needed than just VCDS so we will stop here.

13. Likes JoeB liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The car is an 2009 8K A4 Quattro 3.2L but from the answers here I sort of got an idea on what is needed to be done.

Thanks to all fro the replies

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hidden kill switch is cheap security or even unplugging a sensor, fuse or relay removal when parked if worried.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........