Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi A3 8P No Start - No Comms

Post Thanks / Like
    My comments in post #6 still very relevant. Jack, do you want to wager on what color the rot will be?
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

2. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    My comments in post #6 still very relevant. Jack, do you want to wager on what color the rot will be?
    IDK maybe a tinge of aqua green with a bit of off white bird-shit in color scheme?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, the million dollar question is where is this connection?

Will I have to split all the loom open from the fuse box to find it?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tone generator will allow you to follow it.

Isolate zone areas and load test the track or overlay if suspect or fails test.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    The fuse box in the engine bay, there should be 2 terminal housings on the bottom side of it, a T40 and a T26. I would pull that fuse panel up to get to those connectors, unplug them and inspect the electrical connectors.

The weld point I mentioned, B273, hard to say where that would be found, it isn't officially documented but I would suspect it would be about 15 to 20 inches (38 to 51 cm) down the wiring harness from the T40 plug.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've sorted it!

I took apart the fuse box as suggested and it was pristine. I then unwrapped the loom as far back as I could and couldn't find the splice so decided to try a different tack.

I went to each of the modules that wouldn't communicate and disconnected them one at a time and checked the powers and grounds as well as conducting an auto scan. I did ABS unit first, then cluster and then steering rack and bingo. With the steering rack disconnected, everything works!

With all the rain we've had I bet the rack electrics have been flooded.

Thanks for you help guys!