Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 jetta tdi no power

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are WD related electrical faults from ECU to N75 or a bad N75 or ECU.

Since you did timing when cam was swapped are you sure is it correct and you are aligned for all base settings and taper or key-way offsets on hub to cam belt sprocket?
    What about cam ramps lash for injectors?

JPPSG.............. Amendment!
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...l=1#post123510
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Those are WD related electrical faults from ECU to N75 or a bad N75 or ECU.

Since you did timing when cam was swapped are you sure is it correct and you are aligned for all base settings and taper or key-way offsets on hub to cam belt sprocket?
    What about cam ramps lash for injectors?

JPPSG.............. Amendment!
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...l=1#post123510

Good moring jack. Remember Im a newbie to the vcds and its term. Going from memory (not at the shop yet) but I think the cam timing is "torsion value" ? Its 0.0 which I believe is right.
    Not sure what you mean by taper and keyway offset but the gear is back on the way it came off unless I overlooked something. Can you elaborate ?

Thanks,joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    heres a scan prior to tuning:

Code:
    Address 01: Engine        Labels: 038-906-016-BEW.lbl
       Part No SW: 03G 906 016 AB    HW: 028 101 223 8
       Component: R4 1,9L EDC G000SG  7550  
       Revision: --H02---    Serial number: VWZ7Z0F4474234
       Coding: 0050071
       Shop #: WSC 00066 000 00000
       VCID: 639352942750C76F157-8036

2 Faults Found:
    001031 - EGR Sensor 2 
                   P0407 - 000 - Signal too Low
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100000
                        Fault Priority: 0
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 255
                        Mileage: 264318 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2000.00.00
                        Time: 20:17:23

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 0 /min
                        Speed: 0.0 km/h
                        Load: 0.0 %
                        Lambda: -25.0 %
                        Mass Air / Rev.: 1000.0 mg/str
                        Mass Air / Rev.: 0.0 mg/str
                        Bin. Bits: 00000000

009572 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit 
                   P2564 - 000 - Signal too Low
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100000
                        Fault Priority: 0
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 255
                        Mileage: 264318 km
                        Time Indication: 0
                        Date: 2000.00.00
                        Time: 20:17:23

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 0 /min
                        Speed: 0.0 km/h
                        Load: 0.0 %
                        Lambda: -3.7 %
                        Absolute Pres.: 1213.8 mbar
                        Absolute Pres.: 1020.0 mbar
                        Duty Cycle: 101.6 %

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 1
    So you tuned a car with pre-existing faults and now you're wondering why it doesn't run right after being tuned?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Joe,

Yes Torsion value but can still be out, while in, are you looking at corrected values or basic settings? 08 vs 04!
    That is why I ref taper fit pulleys and virtual key-ways then injector cam ramp timing lash.

To me it sounds like you have an over boost condition or a plugged intake not allowing air made by turbo charger popping the MAP sensor to read higher than expected hence limp mode.

It is time you ref RTFB please on how hub is fit on cam and then timing gear on hub.

0x01-08-011 Log Boost...........

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...ut-0x01-08-000

UN-PIMP the FOD!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-13-2018 at 08:54 AM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    So you tuned a car with pre-existing faults and now you're wondering why it doesn't run right after being tuned?

-Uwe-
    The egr system was in bad shape so I did a delete on it. then had to have it tuned out.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    As the money issue of a new cooler and valve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    The egr system was in bad shape so I did a delete on it. then had to have it tuned out.
    So you're telling us you know this car is no longer legal to use on public roads?

And what about the "Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit" fault? One of the problems with certain "tuner" software is that it plays hide-the-sausage games with fault conditions that would set DTCs in the stock software. This can make it much harder to diagnose and fix problems.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Hello Joe,

To me it sounds like you have an over boost condition or a plugged intake not allowing air made by turbo charger popping the MAP sensor to read higher than expected hence limp mode.
    If I clear codes and rescan, the codes are back without starting or driving the car....
    Also the power is not there right off the bat. I would think power would start to build(boost) then fall off when MAP see's too much.
    I am on my way to the shop to watch boost.

Am I missing something? when I looked at the graph comparing actual boost and requested, it shows the 2 but there is no reference on the graph for the actual value. I see the actual is slightly more but I don't know if its 1psi or 20...

Joe
    Last edited by Uwe; 03-13-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Fixed QUOTE tags

Post Thanks / Like
    WTF see Uwe this is what I mean?

So you're telling us you know this car is no longer legal to use on public roads?

And what about the "Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit" fault? One of the problems with certain "tuner" software is that it plays hide-the-sausage games with fault conditions that would set DTCs in the stock software. This can make it much harder to diagnose and fix problems.

-Uwe-
    That's too funny......... Sausage fest!

Joe

A tune is not a tune if it isn't CARB/EPA certified, it is a defeat device!

You mean to tell me you can pay for a defeat vs this?

BULLSHIT!

NEW 150-400

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-EGR-COO...sAAOSwsDxZ4ENY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oem-VW-...EAAOxyZzlTc-Mq

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A5-VW-VOLKS...sAAOSwubRXNhHx

USED 100
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-...wAAOSwk75anvFI

If I clear codes and rescan, the codes are back without starting or driving the car....
    Also the power is not there right off the bat. I would think power would start to build(boost) then fall off when MAP see's too much.
    I am on my way to the shop to watch boost.

Am I missing something? when I looked at the graph comparing actual boost and requested, it shows the 2 but there is no reference on the graph for the actual value. I see the actual is slightly more but I don't know if its 1psi or 20...

Joe
    Which is why I said check timing and lash.........just have a look at the last BRM fiasco related to timing in forum.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-13-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Above Magic!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post

-Uwe-
    Hi Uwe, I'm learning here... Have mercy on me, if not pitty... LOL. My first instinct due to lack of funds was delete. However, before hand, the code shows signal too low. It seams there should be 5volts to the sensor. first I found 2.8 volts.... traced back to ecu and found no problem. when I checked at sensor AGAIN it was 4.8v. the tuner guy "told me" they are problematic but can be tuned out. I assumed that made sense since he does this....
    WHats your experience with this low signal?

Thanks,Joe

11. Likes Uwe liked this post