Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audi B7 Parking Sensor Volume Issue

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi B7 Parking Sensor Volume Issue

Hi all. I have a 2006 B7 S4 Avant and replaced the faulty OEM rear parking sensor speaker with one that I found on eBay (brand new, Chinese). All is good except for the volume of the speaker. It is quite low so I utilized VCDS in an attempt to increase the volume but the value is just stuck on "4". It will not register a new value. So I'm wondering if the problem lies in the fact that the new speaker is not OEM. Or am I doing something wrong within VCDS? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the VCDS forum OP.
    Not being OEM could be an issue for FOD
    Is it the correct part number?
    Post an auto-scan please.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes Uwe, parkfoto liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack, thanks for your reply. After some more investigating, I've decided to purchase the OEM part from Audi (part # 8E0919279). I'll report back after installing the new one. Hopefully that will allow me to adjust the volume via VCDS or at the very least be louder than the one I bought on eBay.

5. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. So I replaced the eBay purchased speaker with the Audi OEM part # 8E919279 and the default volume appears to be louder (I'll report back once I've put a little more time in the car). Unfortunately VCDS shows the rear buzzer volume is still stuck on 4. I try to change the value and it flashes N/A then shows the current level of 4. Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it just a value that cannot be changed? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    On my previous car, a B7 RS4 Avant, I was able to change both Front and Rear volumes and frequencies (essential when I had a non-resonated exhaust fitted), so it is possible with VCDS.

8. Likes parkfoto liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So in VCDS 18.2 I go to "Electronics 1" then to module 76 "Park Assist" and check "Rear Buzzer Volume". The value on the left reads "4". When I type in the input box on the upper right a value greater than 4, it flashes "N/A" quickly then resumes the number 4 (on the left). Am I doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you get to "Rear Buzzer Volume"? It's an adaptation channel IIRC, so do you click on that button after going to 76?

Just a thought, I can't remember for sure if you need to have entered a security code first (I don't THINK I did...) to be able to change settings?

11. Likes Uwe, parkfoto liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    After 76, press "Adv. Meas. Values" and a whole list of values with check boxes comes up on the right. This is where I think I'm making a mistake. I just change the value to something over 4 and less than 8 and nothing happens. Do I need to change some sort of coding instead? And no need for a security code, I believe that you only need that for 01-Engine module.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parkfoto View Post
    After 76, press "Adv. Meas. Values" and a whole list of values with check boxes comes up on the right. This is where I think I'm making a mistake. I just change the value to something over 4 and less than 8 and nothing happens. Do I need to change some sort of coding instead? And no need for a security code, I believe that you only need that for 01-Engine module.
    Measuring values is exactly that.

If you want to change settings, you go to adaptations or coding.
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

14. Likes parkfoto, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Do you have any guidance on how to change volume values in Adaptation or Coding?