pKww7La.gif

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
I was having withdrawal symptoms!!!

The shaking is just starting to subside now.

I felt a bit like that time the cleaner unplugged the life support ventilator...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^^^^ is this why http://162.208.84.227/ isn't working?
Well, the hosting company moved the forum to a new machine in a different data center at a new IP address without giving us any advance notice at all. If you have advance notice, you set the TTL on the relevant DNS to a very low value a day or so before and then when the move is complete, you update the DNS record and the change propagates quickly, but under the circumstances, that obviously didn't happen.

What led to these circumstances? Good question. The hosting company said something about a DDOS attack. However, they didn't imply it was against us specifically. Perhaps it was related to the record-breaking attack against GitHub?

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Neat but a pain in the ass.......I wonder if that was why AOL was out today in AM.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
What led to these circumstances? Good question. The hosting company said something about a DDOS attack. However, they didn't imply it was against us specifically. Perhaps it was related to the record-breaking attack against GitHub?

US-CERT sent out an alert yesterday, reminding everyone of the usual UDP amplification attacks being used in DDoS attacks. If you want to know if I read it and what it said, remember that I gave up caring for Lent..... :p

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Neat but a pain in the ass.......I wonder if that was why AOL was out today in AM.

Spectrum (aka: Time Warner Cable) has been having egress problems most of the day from our area, to the point where I had to fall back to my cellular link to use DuckDuckGo early this afternoon. My guess is too much "Netflix and chill" going on due to the extreme weather and schools being closed, but it could be links down because of the weather either on their backbone or with their peers.....

Back