Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skoa Yeti wonīt start when cold.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe: Okey, Than i have to look more what the bit in the Interlook is reading in actual sensor.

Jack@European_Parts: The problem is to get the two relays for the starter motor solinoid to engage. Something is stopping it for safety reason when itīs cold. But i donīt get any error codes. So when i look on all advanced mesure values in 01 Engine in VCDS. Then about the "park neutral safety switch" i donīt understand what that can be in a car with manual gearbox.

I have been looking around in ELSA and ETKA to find some sensor that could give me a safety lock. I think i will try on monday to put in the VAS6154 ans try to read the values with ODIS and se if i can se what it could be. Today it was only -9`C outside. Then 20min with heater in the car did the jobb to turn the interlock value 01000001 to 0000000, Then it started perfect again.

Last edited by kriicka; 03-02-2018 at 02:28 PM.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well if a safety lock out you would think you would get a DTC and shit maybe related to temp........

We don't have the Yeti here or Skoda but temp can have an affect on relays or power completion of circuits.

Have you tried inducing faults in starter relays, to see the stack is reporting or if pulses get to them and where the loss of ground, pulse, connectivity attenuation or current is present?

Maybe off topic but made me think of this.........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attenuation

https://link.springer.com/article/10...094-016-0216-x
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fu**

Today when i started working again after the weekend.
    Now itīs only -2`C and there is no problem to try to repair.

This is starting to get a bit tricky!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    After many hours and days troubleshooting, i found the problem.
    A bad welded cable!!!!!

Last edited by kriicka; 03-14-2018 at 02:30 PM.

5. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd, Jack@European_Parts, Dana liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The brown cable with yellow dots, that is badly welded, is for minus/negative for the return from the hallsensor to the centralelectric J519.
    And it made some ripple on the dc to the instrumentcluster also so when i got near the problem. The instrumentcluster was starting to make strange things...

Thanks for the help, now itīs time to go over to the next strange problems on a Audi Q3.

8. Likes Dana liked this post