Strange problem with central locking and remote key adoptation - Audi A6 C5 2003

MrCraneLT

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm new in here also I hope that I created the thread in correct place.

Bought an Audi A6 C5 2003, the car itself look clean, with everything in places. It got electrical windows, sunroof, front seat controls, heating seat and etc so on everything works as it should. The only problem that I saw is that the cruise control does not work (when placing cruise control to position on - no light on the dash light up as well no speed were fixed), checked with VCDS 12.12 the ECU sees when the cruise control is turned on (0 replaces with 1).

But that's not the biggest uncracked egg that is bothering me. Also I'm dealing with an strange thing - there are two remote keys, both of them unlocks and lock the car in the driver's door lock (remote does not work). They also do start the car, but I coudn't make them lock and unlock car remotely. When unlocking with driver doors - it unlocks only driver's door (no blinkers blink), then after turning on ignition the car unlocks all doors (the key inside the car which must lock and unlock doors from inside also works like a charm). When locking doors through driver's door - all doors are locked and blinkers blink.

Here is what I found out:

Went to diagnostics: they tried to adopt the key, but at VCDS the 35 as also the 46 controller drops "No respond from controller" when connecting. In fact then trying to access no. 35 - central locks, something ticking near obd port, but no respond were thrown. When connecting to 46 - no ticking is heard.

Went to the dude that uses tool for key adaptation: tested both keys (batteries are new) - both transmitting the signal. When trying to adapt them - no success, as he said he goes to programming mode but could not adapt keys.

Looked everywhere on the forums, even tried to unplug the radio witch is not stock - no success.

Teared apart the interior carpet to check out the CCM unit and find this inside:
33ate2d.jpg

There is little bit of moisture under the carpet (more like condesated water). Cleaned with 99% alcohol and placed back - same results. Alright. Now it really got me p***d off. :banghead: Everything works as expected (all electrical features including central locking). Went and tested the other CCM with the same matching part number (opened it, all PCB looks perfect) tested - still no results, could not connect to controllers 35 or 46.

Where else should I check? What am I missing, what doing wrong? Checked the fuses at the side of the dashboard - all good.
Also is there any chance of trying to adopt the key thru instruments section using VCDS?

Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated and will be very thankful for helping to solve out this strange thing.

Adding latest auto-scan (seems that car only gives access to limited numbers of controllers, it does not read the errors from CCM):

Code:
Auto-Scan removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrCraneLT

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Uwe, ain't You, such an amazing guy going to help me out there? :confused:

Back