VW t5 clock problems

coolpix

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Got a t5 with bulb failure and alternator light showing dimly no faults stored anybody had any fault like this before it's a2014 model

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
maybe we can start with an autoscan? see below

Reactions: Uwe

coolpix

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
ok will upload a auto scan now couple of other things ive found out no front fog lights working and I was getting a low washer bottle error but it has no washer bottle level sensor do you think a coding issue would cause this and if so how can I get the original coding information ?

thanks everyone I will upload a auto scan in next couple of days

coolpix

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

coolpix

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
the problem I have with the clocks is the bulb failure lamp glows dimly and the seat belt light also I pretty sure its a coding issue as ive been through most the wiring I did have the battery light glowing dimly as well but I removed the low washer bottle in instruments as that was staying on permantly and it didn't have a sensor fitted to the washer bottle so once that had been removed from the instruments coding it has gone out .
I suspect coding has been played around with previously as I bought van from a trader .

I'm hoping theres a way to code out the warning lights or to recode the instruments correctly .

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
it would be good to update to the most recent VCDS version 18.2
furthermore I'd suggest to start measuring voltages, check fuses related to the alternator. Engine running should produce about 14.5 volts.

coolpix

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
all fuses are intact and voltage at battery is 14.39 volts the voltage at the blue wire is 10.60 volts key on 12,60 volts engine running ive checked the wire all the way back to clocks all ok is there a way of getting a copy of my original bcm coding??

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

coolpix

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that the version i was using is a pirated copy it came with the laptop when I bought it and it does explain why it won't update .
I will purchase a legitimate copy when I have some spare cash thanks for all the help anyway .

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
I wasn't aware that the version i was using is a pirated copy it came with the laptop when I bought it...

In case you're unaware; in your case it's not (only) the software that is pirated - it's actually the interface cable you're using. Software updates have always been free for the 18 years I've been using VCDS - but of course the updates will only work with a genuine Ross-Tech interface.

Reactions: Uwe
Back