VW EOS roof fault - service mode intervention

voxmagna1

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148985
I've always been a supporter of vcds but I'm aware there are now other 'offerings' which can do more. I fully understand there's a fine line between allowing diagnostics and fault code resets and providing more pro features which in the wrong hands can damage or brick a car.

Vcds supports the EOS roof system both in fault code reading, resetting and a good video. However, there are times when due to sensor faults and 'Take to garage' messages, you need to go further and with care operate the roof pump, just access it, or advance or roll back a stage of roof operation. It is possible to be 'locked out' of making the roof do anything when you may need it partly open to replace a part.

I learned that ODIS and VAS 5054 from various sources does provide this level of manual intervention for the EOS roof, in addition to diagnostics. The downside is some with less knowledge of these things have ventured into module and ECU flashing with it and come unstuck. My plea is for vcds to offer more functionality to control the V.W EOS roof system via its OBD interface, even if there has to be warnings or caveats in the application software to dissuade the less experienced from using these advanced features.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved from Tweaks to Product Support.

-Uwe-

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Isn’t that just a basic setting, which VCDS can perform...?

Shep

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315130
Hi. I asked that question and got no real response, but yes you can. I found basic settings allows movement. Big scare doing it and I'm unsure if the blocks I found to move works on every car/year so unsure of posting my findings on the couple I know of in case I get blamed for screwing up someone else's roof. Only needed to get to rear window, but also found sunroof fully retracted/closed, Trunk lid and that's about as far as I went.

Back