Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: Advice on weaponry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So this is about as Fudd as it gets. The ATF doesn't even consider it a proper firearm and doesn't require the purchase to go through an FFL. But... The Muzzle Loader season at Camp Volkswagen starts two weeks earlier than the regular firearms season, meaning it's likely to be a bit warmer and the deer won't be as spooked yet (we hope).

All shots pushing a 295 grain .50 cal PowerBelt bullet. We started out with 100 (volumetric) grains of propellant (actually 2 pellets of IMR White Hots). It's a pussycat to shoot that way:

With 150 grains (3 pellets), it has rather more kick, not to mention more smoke:

Last edited by Uwe; 08-30-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    Ceterum censeo, delenda est Daesh.

2. Likes jyoung8607, Andy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A scope on a muzzle loader? What next? An assault ^H^H^H modern sporting musket...with a Picatinny rail and laser?????

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    A scope on a muzzle loader?
    Yep, not at all uncommon:
    https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/bi...muzzleloaders/
    https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/rifle...-packages.html

6. Likes vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes Santos, D-Dub, NZDubNurd, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Police: Taco Bell Employees Fatally Shoot Armed Robber

CLEVELAND (AP) – Police say three employees of a Cleveland Taco Bell opened fire on two armed robbers, killing one.

Police have said two masked robbers entered the restaurant early Wednesday and ordered three employees to lie on the floor. Police say three other employees pulled out handguns and opened fire, shooting one of the suspects six times. The other suspect ran off.

10. Likes jyoung8607, vreihen, D-Dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uwe: Down here in gun-free territory, we hear lots about legal ramifications that American folk face in cases like the Taco Bell instance. I'm not sure if the liability of a citizen shooting someone (albeit a thieve caught in the act) changes by State (I know nothing about Cleveland's gun statutes) and I'm sure that opinions vary depending of the individual's view about second amendment rights - but what are the consequences now for the 3 x employees that they have killed someone ?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I'm not sure if the liability of a citizen shooting someone (albeit a thieve caught in the act) changes by State (I know nothing about Cleveland's gun statutes) and I'm sure that opinions vary depending of the individual's view about second amendment rights - but what are the consequences now for the 3 x employees that they have killed someone ?
    The liability is totally state-dependent. As for everything else, who cares? It's freaking Cleveland, not like it's a *real* city or anything!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    what are the consequences now for the 3 x employees that they have killed someone ?
    It varies somewhat by state and locality. It may also be dependent on the attitude of local lawn forcement and prosecutor, but in general, when people come into a place of business clearly intent on committing an armed robbery, shooting the bastard(s) is considered a legitimate act of self-defense.

-Uwe-

14. Likes Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't be like me, folks. Last night I was shooting my S&W Victory .22 and my Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm carbine at targets on a brand new cardboard backer pad. Everything was going fine until I noticed this when bringing the target back:

That gray smudge up by the light is from a bullet striking the steel assembly that holds the target. I didn't realize it at the time but there's another smudge to the right of that one near the E in the logo. That seems to be the actual bullet I fired that caused the splatter. The range fines you $15 for hitting the target holder and I fessed up and paid it but I feel bad and I am disturbed that I fired one shot (out of 100 or so?) that somehow went about 2 feet high. At one point I was firing the Sub2000 as fast as I could get the front sight back on target and somehow I must have fired a shot during recoil or something. I never heard or felt anything out of the ordinary and certainly never realized I was shooting the hanger. I would say be aware of where ever single bullet goes but at 25yd with iron sights it's just not possible to verify that each shot causes one bullet hole.

Anyway let this be a cautionary reminder to everyone to take responsibility for every bullet.

16. Likes vreihen, D-Dub, Uwe, Eric, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    At one point I was firing the Sub2000 as fast as I could get the front sight back on target
    At Target World?

I'm kinda surprised they didn't scream "NO RAPID FIRE!"