Emblem Reverse Camera View on RNS510

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Ah okay, before you start, keep in mind that you'll need to have some special machinery to learn the kessy keys. Sorry, I missed that.
You can also get yourself a contra-plug for the gateway but I'm not sure these exist. Myself, I simply spliced the can wires at the respective modules and lead them to the BCM.

For learning the kessy keys, you'll need a special tool. I'm using an xHorse handscanner.
You'll need to obtain your PIN for the cluster and the CS bytes, to be able to learn the keys. Keep this in mind.

I have a 7E0 BCM myself and my kessy works fine... :-)

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
That's interesting because I was just looking at the pinouts for the new 7E0 BCM and the old they seem to have identical pin assignments and I thought there would be a few differences and so was about to go back into the wiring manuals to double check I din't print the same info twice when I saw your post, I read another forum which said I could add the keyless later but obviously not

OK so I need to look into getting the xHourse handscanner but where do I get the PIN for the cluster and the CS bytes ?

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
oh yeah and I have what you are probably are calling the contra plug coming , I call it a female connector

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
wow the Horse isn't cheap, so you can't do it with the ross-Tech VCDS ay ?

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
No, am afraid not. I'd be happy to borrow you mine, if needed.

Reactions: Uwe

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
Thank you, I appreciate the offer and will see how I go with wiring etc. first
I am reluctant to borrow as I would be worried about it getting lost in the post to and from or it getting damaged but what brand did you get and where from ?
I just had a quick look and there are so many varieties I wouldn't know if I am getting a copy or real one from a reputable supplier
I get a bit suspect about buying from Alibaba but they have a large variety

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
I found this was the last step for installing a new BCM from the Team-BHP website , I guess it's wrong :( "Lastly, the most important step - adapting the keyfob(s). A new BCM requires the keyfob to be registered with it. Go to 09-Central Electronics module > Adaptation - 10. Select Remote Control Adaptation.etc"

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
For a normal keyfob and regular ignition lock, you'd be right. But for kessy, you'll need to match the keys to the immobiliser and the BCM at the same time. Hence the need for a special tool.
I bought mine directly from xhorse. There is a sales representative here on the forum as well. But maybe it's better to focus on VCDS and not advertise other tools? :)

Wayne P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325377
New BCM setup

For a normal keyfob and regular ignition lock, you'd be right. But for kessy, you'll need to match the keys to the immobiliser and the BCM at the same time. Hence the need for a special tool.
I bought mine directly from xhorse. There is a sales representative here on the forum as well. But maybe it's better to focus on VCDS and not advertise other tools? :)

I bought the Xhorse iScancar mm-007 but it didn't come with any instructions and the website download site is very confusing so I don't know where to start with this
I thought it might have a program to download to my PC but the download said it had a virus, I tried to download the Update kit and that had a Trojan virus and that was from the Horse website so I haven't gotten very far with this yet
I tried contacting support but all they did was send a link to the download site so I am no closer to setting up my new BCM, I looked for the sales rep but haven't found that either, any help would be appreciated thanks

Back