Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emblem Reverse Camera View on RNS510

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Emblem Reverse Camera View on RNS510

I have recently installed a Emblem Reversing Camera on my 2013 Beetle which is fitted with an RNS510 and it's working OK but Can I change the default screen from the Plan view illustration from the Optical Park System to the Camera as the default ? It would to have the Camera view each time I select reverse rather than having to select it each time. At the moment each time Reverse is selected I have to manually select the reverse camera and also when I select the camera view there are a few different views show, on the right of the screen shows a X to close the screen, a mute selection for the optical park warning sounds, Contrast settings adjustments and the fourth selection is to change back from Camera to the plan view optical sensor. Also generally on the left of the camera screen normally it show a plan view of the car but this doesn’t so can any of these selections be tweaked with VCDS ?

Post Thanks / Like
    You want to have a look at the PDC unit, login, go to adaptation and play a bit with the display parameter for reverse. You can choose PDC, camera or automatic. Not sure which one you need.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very new to all this so can you tell me how to login to the PDC ? is it thru the VCDS or on the RNS510 headhunt ? I haven't seen any way of getting in on the Headunit but maybe there is a way to boot into it, Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    use the VCDS

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, that is so cool, you obviously know your way around VCDS

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes Eric liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like your Polo and I am thinking of getting one for my son this year

Once again thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, always happy to help!

The polo is a great car, but I'd recommend to go for a 6C, if you're considering one, rather than the 6R like I have. It's the facelifted version.
    They are built a bit better than the 6R, mainly engine wise, and the new MQB platform will allow you to tweak your heart out. Plus, the new infotainment system is great.

10. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Emblem Reverse Camera View on Discover Media

Hello, You helped me early in the year with Emblem Reverse Camera View on RNS510 which was a great help but now I have updated my Beetle with a Discover Media which works fine but once again I have an issue with how the Park Pilot displays. I have the Reverse camera working fine but the overlay for the Park Pilot doesn't show on the Left side but once I take it out of reverse the camera view disappears as it should and I get the full screen Park Pilot display so both systems are working but I can't get the overlay when the camera is in use, With the Park Pilot on screen on the Left side I get an icon for the Camera which is grey whereas the Icon at the bottom is white for turning send off which indicates to me the grey icon is not functioning to be able to select it

Post Thanks / Like
    if you could show another autoscan, that would be good. but i don't know anything about the PQ discover media system.