Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HEX-NET or HEX-V2 Firmware Update Failed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boki Ar View Post
    CB: 0.0 Is that a problem?
    Sure, it explains why the interface currently isn't useable with VCDS; but it's entirely recoverable.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know formatting is extreme but want to start from scratch as i am running out of ideas.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe

The agents here in South Africa also tried to fix it through Teamviewer and telephonically.
    I send it back to them and they repaired it under warranty.
    Now I am a happy customer!

5. Likes Boki Ar, Uwe, Eric, Derek liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Sure, it explains why the interface currently isn't useable with VCDS; but it's entirely recoverable.

-Uwe-
    Formated everything like i said laptop, router and installed everything from scratch and it all works fine now.

Thanks

7. Likes Andy, Uwe, Derek liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe not the most tech solution, but ..I just go to the local library to use the windows machines and download the latest VCDS .exe file to a usb drive.
    Then take the usb home and update my window 10 laptop VCDS with the latest version on my usb stick..
    Then again, my laptop is a dedicated VCDS machine..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shurur9 View Post
    Maybe not the most tech solution, but ..I just go to the local library to use the windows machines and download the latest VCDS .exe file to a usb drive.
    Then take the usb home and update my window 10 laptop VCDS with the latest version on my usb stick..
    Then again, my laptop is a dedicated VCDS machine..
    That strategy will not a darn thing update the firmware in a HEX-NET or HEX-V2 interface.... You'd have to take it to the library and use their computer (or put your computer on their WiFi).

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes Boki Ar, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

update

Hello, I hope this is correct area to post but since software and firmware update my V2 has been acting up, it will say not found then after restarting my laptop etc it will just start working, but today it took me 45 min to get it working and i have no idea why it did, this is unusual, it was always stable before update so i wanted to make you aware there may be an issue with recent updates.
    Last edited by Uwe; 04-05-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Removed quoted section

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe skinner View Post
    Hello, I hope this is correct area to post but since software and firmware update my V2 has been acting up, it will say not found then after restarting my laptop etc it will just start working, but today it took me 45 min to get it working and i have no idea why it did, this is unusual, it was always stable before update so i wanted to make you aware there may be an issue with recent updates.
    What is the behavior of the LEDs when it doesn't work?

-Uwe-

14. Likes Boki Ar liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try it today, see if it acts the same, i test it and it cannot find the dongle then i fiddle with thing restarting laptop , plugging and unplugging things and it starts working, but it was not this way before it worked everytime , so ill pay attention to leds , seems they were blue and then green when plugged into the audi but let me make sure!