Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driver Profile Select (MK7)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I HOPE my dealer will know this and get me the codes I need. Thanks a ton. This has been extremely helpful.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dealer called,

FeC, and Authorization code is no where to be found. All the coding was done, but no authorization.

They also won't do the cluster swap because they have never done it before, and don't want to break anything taking it apart. Just to not be able to roll back the milage. they also don't know how to code it in.

I think... I may need to find a more knowledgeable dealership.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your new cluster is not EXACTLY the same part number as old one they cannot use ODIS guided functions to do the swap. What they CAN do is go to dashboard module in ODIS and choose IMMO adaptation. Then just adapt both keys to your new cluster.

You need to manually transfer the coding and all the adaptations from the old cluster. Easy peasy Just make sure to export the coding and full adaptation map from old dashboard before swap.

And like said earlier, if the cluster has more than 100km on the clock, the mileage cannot be changed anymore. If you're swapping a completely new cluster, no problems there.

Been there done that so I know exactly the process that works

4. Likes Hotwire liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a used cluster, I accept that. I will just wait until my cars milage is VERY close to the one on the cluster, and do the swap then.

What I dont like is that the dealer is pretty much refusing becasue "They have never done it before"

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of interest - can you post-up an auto-scan of your car in its current state?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The part number for the FeC for driving modes is 5G0054809. It can be purchased here: http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-...4809-software/ Then installed via ODIS with account.

Excellent explanation on SWap and FeC here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30577

For reference, these are the FeC’s I know of:
    5G0054830A - App-Connect
    5G0054809 - Driving Modes.
    5G0054802 - Voice Activation.
    5G0054802A - Voice Activation with Navigation.
    5G0054801 - Driver Alert.

9. Likes Uwe, downtime liked this post