Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver Profile Select (MK7)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I HOPE my dealer will know this and get me the codes I need. Thanks a ton. This has been extremely helpful.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dealer called,

FeC, and Authorization code is no where to be found. All the coding was done, but no authorization.

They also won't do the cluster swap because they have never done it before, and don't want to break anything taking it apart. Just to not be able to roll back the milage. they also don't know how to code it in.

I think... I may need to find a more knowledgeable dealership.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your new cluster is not EXACTLY the same part number as old one they cannot use ODIS guided functions to do the swap. What they CAN do is go to dashboard module in ODIS and choose IMMO adaptation. Then just adapt both keys to your new cluster.

You need to manually transfer the coding and all the adaptations from the old cluster. Easy peasy Just make sure to export the coding and full adaptation map from old dashboard before swap.

And like said earlier, if the cluster has more than 100km on the clock, the mileage cannot be changed anymore. If you're swapping a completely new cluster, no problems there.

Been there done that so I know exactly the process that works

4. Likes Hotwire liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a used cluster, I accept that. I will just wait until my cars milage is VERY close to the one on the cluster, and do the swap then.

What I dont like is that the dealer is pretty much refusing becasue "They have never done it before"

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of interest - can you post-up an auto-scan of your car in its current state?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The part number for the FeC for driving modes is 5G0054809. It can be purchased here: http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-...4809-software/ Then installed via ODIS with account.

Excellent explanation on SWap and FeC here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30577

For reference, these are the FeC’s I know of:
    5G0054830A - App-Connect
    5G0054809 - Driving Modes.
    5G0054802 - Voice Activation.
    5G0054802A - Voice Activation with Navigation.
    5G0054801 - Driver Alert.

9. Likes downtime, Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    My dealer was unwilling to swap out my cluster. they said they didn't want to scratch up the trim.

I have a "Friend" looking into the SWaP and FeC info for me. I have ODIS and a cable for that purpose.

thanks, I hope I get better results that way.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
    My dealer was unwilling to swap out my cluster. they said they didn't want to scratch up the trim.
    Really?? How they are then swapping clusters when there's a real failure?

I have a "Friend" looking into the SWaP and FeC info for me. I have ODIS and a cable for that purpose.
    It is not enough. You need online connection with ODIS. The SWaP and FeC are installed through factory server so you need authentic ODIS and VASxxxx cable + you need working subscription as an approved garage to FaZIT system.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    If your new cluster is not EXACTLY the same part number as old one they cannot use ODIS guided functions to do the swap. What they CAN do is go to dashboard module in ODIS and choose IMMO adaptation. Then just adapt both keys to your new cluster.

You need to manually transfer the coding and all the adaptations from the old cluster. Easy peasy Just make sure to export the coding and full adaptation map from old dashboard before swap.

And like said earlier, if the cluster has more than 100km on the clock, the mileage cannot be changed anymore. If you're swapping a completely new cluster, no problems there.

Been there done that so I know exactly the process that works
    I'm not sure if that's true....I have seen a 2014 Golf R instrument cluster changed to Active Info Display by using the 'replace component' function in ODIS.
    It copied all of the coding, adaptation and mileage, immo etc to the VW servers, then asked to put in the new cluster, then copied all the data back to the new cluster. It was of course a brand new cluster with 0km on the Odo. I didn't do it myself but I watched the procedure.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

13. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had my Leon's cluster swapped to newer one. Original was from 2013, new was 2016, brand new 0km cluster. Completely different part number. ODIS rejected Guided function immediately by giving incompatible HW version notification. So we went to manual procedure from that point. IMMO adaptation which adapts the keys + removes CP was done with ODIS + FaZIT connection. Then manually inputted coding, adaptations etc. to the cluster with VCDS.

And I watched the whole process as well and did the manual part myself as I wanted to make sure that mileage etc. are EXACTLY like in the old cluster.

Maybe if the cluster is new enough, the guided function will work? Mine was without J&C crypto scheme and new one was J&C crypto.

15. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post