How to disable auto lock/unlock on 7.5 Audis, and a related menu item question

elp_jc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=323850
I asked how to disable this, since I don't like it, and found it while messing with other settings. Maybe some others already know how to do it, but if I can help others, here it is:

Go to module 46 (central convenience)
Coding (07)
Long coding helper
Byte 5
Uncheck Bit 4 'auto-lock active'
Uncheck Bit 5 'auto-unlock active'

My question is on Bit 3. It says 'trunk lock (at traffic light) active'; what exactly does that mean? I unchecked it as well, but just curious what it does. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

roma_powa

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318230
It doesn't let you open the trunk unless you're standing near it with a key (at least in keyless). Big must in Russia.

Reactions: Uwe

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Correct. This locks the trunk lid while ignition is on or the car is running. This prevents theft. As roma_powa states, having the key with you near the trunk allows for opening.

Reactions: Uwe

elp_jc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=323850
Thanks guys, but something doesn't make sense. If you lock the car, the trunk has always lock as well on all my previous cars. Isn't that the case with the S6 then? In other words, if you have auto-lock and auto-unlock active, but trunk-lock inactive, nobody should be able to open the trunk while you're inside the car, since it's supposed to be locked. Is this not correct? If it is, like I assume, then trunk-lock active would only help people like me, who deactivated auto-lock and auto-unlock, correct? Just wondering. I deactivated all 3, by the way, but just wanted to know exactly what it did. Just want to know if locking the car also locks the trunk at all times. If you guys are not sure, guess I can ask my wife to try it one of these days while I'm inside with the engine running and doors locked. Thx.

Back