Tiguan 5N 2009 Electronic Parking Break Control Module Replacement

SteveS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328728
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and wondering whether somebody can provide assistance with the process to replace the Electronic Parking Break Control Module in my wifes 2009 Tiguan 5N.

The fault light started coming on about 12 months ago but the EPB is fully functional (the switch operates and EPB working normally)

Originally had both 02845 as below (see autoscan) and 03200 - Switch for Electric Parking Brake (E538) / 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent. I replaced the EPB switch a few months ago and that cleared the 03200 DTC but the 02845 remained and dashboard fault still driving my wife nuts.

I've recently managed to get a replacement EPB control module to replace the original 5N0.907.801.B with a newer version 3AA.907.801.H and plan to replace but I'm unsure of the exact process to replace and re-code the EPBCM and ABS (there is talk of having to recode that) or others. I'm hoping that replacing the control module and recoding will finally clear the dashboard error and 02845 DTC.

Can anybody please point me to a step-by-step guide or detail the process as I've searched the forum and Wiki (e.g. VW Tiguan (5N) Parking Brake etc) and still not clear on the exact process to swap the control module from a 5N0 to replacement 3AA version.

Also any other pointers on the myriad of other DTCs that appear to be mainly Radio/Navigation related (looks like a coding issue) are appreciated. Many thanks.

Here is the Autoscan from earlier today:

Code:
Removed.   Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not weclome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328728
Thanks Uwe. I didn't realise it was not legitimate. I purchased from Ebay some time ago and only used the once to sort EPB switch, it was not cheap and supposed to be legit. How can I tell if its not legitimate?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Post a photo of the interface ("lead") please.

-Uwe-

SteveS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328728
Uwe,

I know you are right about the legitimacy as I had some contact with the seller overnight that confirms it is a fake/pirate/clone. Unfortunately I got duped.

It wasn't actually eBay but Amazon and because I purchased in May last year I cannot get a refund due to the time elapsed. I used the once to do an autoscan and then changed the EPB switch and parked it (no pun intended) as the EPB was fully working other than the annoying dashboard message every time you start the car. Its then taken me 6 months to get back onto fully fixing the issue and finding a cheap control module from a car breaker locally. If not for posting here, I wouldn't have known the difference as I'm using only as a novice/enthusiast on one car.

Message from Amazon seller:

Thanks for asking . However item is non longer for sale. Also with our return policy you have got 30 days for return and full refund if you are not happy with the purchase. Purchase have been made nearly year ago so return period has been expired. Thank you for understanding.

Here are the pictures to assist you and others from getting duped (like I did :mad:).

73601517739503.JPG

73601517739531.JPG

I'm really pleased with the software and also this support system so will go through one of your recommended authorised channels in #2

Thanks again and sorry I ended up in the Hall of Shame :facepalm:

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
When you get a real one, please see: How to Get Verified and so we can adjust your status here. :)

-Uwe-

Back