Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Octavia MKiii 2017 Starter system faulty workshop error

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've tested the gear lever position against the "Selector lever position - Shift Position" data and it is okay

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomer View Post
    I've tested the gear lever position against the "Selector lever position - Shift Position" data and it is okay
    Always OK? The fault code is for an intermittent problem...

3. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, tomer liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting point, will test again tomorrow
    thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    tested the gear lever data again - it still matches the gear position even with the intermittent fault code still showing on a scan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomer View Post
    tested the gear lever data again - it still matches the gear position even with the intermittent fault code still showing on a scan
    Intermittent fault codes, like all fault codes, don't necessarily represent the current state but the state when the fault was logged, so you should always clear them and then test.

Fault finding intermittent problems is always harder, you often need some luck to find the cause. The best approach is to check thoroughly ALL the connections.

I will say again that several UK Octavia DSG owners have had this problem and it's ALWAYS been a faulty gear selector switch.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I will have to wait until I have an actual problem with the gear lever, to have it repaired under warranty .
    hopefully it's just the infodapter throwing all these errors, as the airbag intermittent error was also gone (with the "starter system faulty" message/beep) once i got it disconnected .
    had to reconnect it afterwards, as it's giving me the option use the WRX driving mode button with the Alpine multimedia screen