Octavia MKiii 2017 Starter system faulty workshop error

tomer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324798
I've tested the gear lever position against the "Selector lever position - Shift Position" data and it is okay

tomer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324798
interesting point, will test again tomorrow
thanks

tomer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324798
tested the gear lever data again - it still matches the gear position even with the intermittent fault code still showing on a scan

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
tested the gear lever data again - it still matches the gear position even with the intermittent fault code still showing on a scan
Intermittent fault codes, like all fault codes, don't necessarily represent the current state but the state when the fault was logged, so you should always clear them and then test.

Fault finding intermittent problems is always harder, you often need some luck to find the cause. The best approach is to check thoroughly ALL the connections.

I will say again that several UK Octavia DSG owners have had this problem and it's ALWAYS been a faulty gear selector switch.

tomer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324798
Thanks, I will have to wait until I have an actual problem with the gear lever, to have it repaired under warranty .
hopefully it's just the infodapter throwing all these errors, as the airbag intermittent error was also gone (with the "starter system faulty" message/beep) once i got it disconnected .
had to reconnect it afterwards, as it's giving me the option use the WRX driving mode button with the Alpine multimedia screen

marco105

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=13130
Intermittent fault codes, like all fault codes, don't necessarily represent the current state but the state when the fault was logged, so you should always clear them and then test.

Fault finding intermittent problems is always harder, you often need some luck to find the cause. The best approach is to check thoroughly ALL the connections.

I will say again that several UK Octavia DSG owners have had this problem and it's ALWAYS been a faulty gear selector switch.

Any chance you could advise me on a part number or link for this gear selector switch please
Cheers

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Any chance you could advise me on a part number or link for this gear selector switch please
Sorry I don't have access to a part number catalogue.

Why not sign up to briskoda.net you'll find the answer on the Octavia 3 forum there, and plenty of other useful information from fellow Octavia III vRS owners :thumbs:

tomer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324798
i know this is 4 years old but I forgot to update that i manged to solve the "

Starter system faulty workshop error​

issue this thread is originally about:
i forgot to mention, the car is fitted with Connects2 Infodapter that connects between Alpine W505 (aftetmarket double din multimedia CD/DVD audio player) and the ability to change the car's settings through menus shown on the Alpine's screen
http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/c2/files/InstallationGuides/CTUSK02.pdf
the adapter works pretty well and i have all the relevant steering wheel buttons controlling the W505 BUT..it has some side affects:
1. can't change driving mode to Normal . I have to use the gear lever to switch back to D from S .
2. it "adds" the start system faulty workshop error+beep every time i close ignition. once Infodapter is disconnected, this error is gone.

Back