Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WaWa?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Jack: I'm not sure that the Hebrew faith is particularly "strange" (the Muslim faith has the same ideas regarding pig-flesh and Catholics have a prohibition on eating meat on Good Friday). It's just another example of the need for ALL churches to control their brethren!! The prohibition on eating pork probably had a very good basis back in the day when deities were roaming the earth in human form, or when Religions were at their embryonic start.

Call it tradition, call it a decree from God herself - the continuing practice seems to have nothing to do with the higher ideals of the religion - it seems to be a "Jungian" mechanism (IMO - no disrespect intended to any readers that have faith) -but what do I know?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

2. Likes vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    The prohibition on eating pork probably had a very good basis back in the day when deities were roaming the earth in human form, or when Religions were at their embryonic start.
    Most likely this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinosis
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, DV52, vreihen liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I believed it had to do with intelligence ........... /\

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    vreihen: "bagel with pork roll'? - hmm..... I'm not Hebrew, but I'm guessing that you won't find that in Wa Wa's Jerusalem franchises!!
    You're working under the bold assumption that the regional mystery meat delicacy known as pork roll (Taylor ham) actually contains pork or pork byproducts.....

Post Thanks / Like
    The prohibition on eating pork probably had a very good basis back in the day when deities were roaming the earth in human form, or when Religions were at their embryonic start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Back in the olden days when I had a retail job while going to school, there was a rabbi that stopped in every morning. The dude traveled from Brooklyn to a local meat-packing plant (about 125 km each way) just to bless the day's production. My impression from speaking with him and stepping back a few paces is that the whole kosher thing was because of the lack of refrigeration and government inspector oversight in biblical times. Although it is purely a ceremonial task now, I imagine that rabbis were acting as the meat inspectors in ancient times.

Taking my theory further, I believe that many things can be explained away by the lack of refrigeration and sanitary conditions. Lots of foods like meats and cheeses were preserved with salt, to survive at ambient temperature for weeks/months. Ditto for alcoholic beverages, since it kills all of the bad things that were in water at the time.

Speaking of my night job, there was an orthodox jewish ambulance crew that used to stop in every few weeks. They would come in one person at a time (planned privacy), and each of them would buy a bag of pork rinds with exact change and subsequently consume them like starving prisoners in the back corner of the sales floor so that nobody outside would see them. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.....

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was doing research for an earlier post, I saw in the Wikipedia entry for Quick Chek that their first store opened in 1967...in the town where I lived at the time! I was in Quick Chek #1 many times as a young tike, before we moved far away a few years later. Something that I would have never known if a competitor's quality didn't jump the shark and spawn this thread.....

Ross-Tech Employee Michael Ross's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To put it simply, I think it's just "fatigue". Growing tired of everything they have to offer. When we go there at least once a week it can get old.

Too much of a good thing.

11. Likes vreihen liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee Michael Ross's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    The gas station up the street has a full deli that makes awesome sandwiches. Can't knock all gas station food... It's my go to place for scrapple/egg sandwiches.

Yeah but they charge more up front, and also nickel and dime you for the simplest things on your sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ross View Post
    To put it simply, I think it's just "fatigue". Growing tired of everything they have to offer. When we go there at least once a week it can get old.

Explain this to NostraJackAss! He loves going back to Outback Steakhouse every week for more punishment, or as the rest of his friends call it "the land down under the septic tank" after eating there.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ross View Post

So is Tech Support Week on Monday going to be different?
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.