Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WaWa?

Post Thanks / Like

WaWa?

WaWa is a very well known and respected chain of convenience stores/gas stations around the Philadelphia area (at large)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawa_Inc.
    But...
    http://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/201...decline/?amp=1
    What Happened to the Wawa Hoagie?
    Asking others at the office I see I'm not the only one to have lost my appetite for what's offered there. Anyone else? Die-hard fans still loving it?
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped at a WaWa near Allentown on my way south back in December. Never been to one before, but diuretics and morning travel do not mix.

When I was done blowing the bilge, I wanted to pick up a simple bagel with butter. To say that the busy store's layout was confusing to a stranger from Quick Chek land (similar chain from a neighboring region) would be an understatement. By the time that I fought my way to an ordering touchscreen kiosk, I had to go back for round two in the driver's lounge. If I had ordered something, I could have been in Virginia before it was ready for pickup!

On my way out the door (hungry and empty-handed), I spotted a display of pre-made breakfast items under heat lamps near the door. One of the choices was a bagel with pork roll (Taylor ham), which deconstructed would get me a (mushy) bagel plus some potted meat (that I can't eat) to make Blizzard the OCD psycho weather dog happy. That crappy breakfast sandwich cost me almost five bucks! When I climbed back into the Mighty Dodge, I broke off a piece of the pork roll and gave it to Blizzard. He turned his nose up at it and refused to eat it! I broke off another piece and sampled it, to see if it was rancid. It tasted OK, but couldn't hold a candle to pork roll sandwiches that I made in my younger days when I could eat the stuff.

Long story short, I'm casting two "nay" votes for WaWa after only one visit.....

3. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wawa has gone down hill. the only time i really go is when i want soup. They tend to have a larger soup selection than the other places around here.

5. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean seriously......... gas station sandwich's and un-showered unknown citizen status of employees & you expect what?

I went into a WAWA a few times and I have to say they are not clean in comparison to the Quick Check, but I can't say that QC eats are anything desirable either right?

Stop for gas and piss breaks at a gas station, get food at a restaurant or pack a bag lunch.

A gas station is always going to be a gas station ..........

You can polish a pile of golden shit with glitter and shine, but its is still a pile of shit & has a fly problem, so does WAWA right?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

7. Likes Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well not all WaWas are gas stations. The one around the corner from RTHQ is just a store on a (very shitty) parking lot.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

9. Likes vreihen liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well not all WaWas are gas stations. The one around the corner from RTHQ is just a store on a (very shitty) parking lot.
    Okay so a shitty place on a shitty parking lot and no gas........ need I ask more?
    At least with all these questions this thread question of WAWA it just couldn't be considered incendiary?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts

www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

12. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That said, I have to admit, if I want an Italian Hoagie, I would much prefer to get it from Spatola's (and this has always been the case).

But I'm perfectly content with the sandwiches I do get at our particular Wawa.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never heard of WaWa.

But speaking of strangely named gas stations;

I give you @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kum_%26_Go

15. Likes Uwe, vreihen, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I mean seriously......... gas station sandwich's and un-showered unknown citizen status of employees & you expect what?
    The gas station up the street has a full deli that makes awesome sandwiches. Can't knock all gas station food... It's my go to place for scrapple/egg sandwiches.

17. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post