VW GOLF MK7 CAN GATEWAY LOCATION

nicolas2746

Reaction score
Hello,
I have searched all over the internet but i haven't found a definitive answer on where the can gateway is located.
I have a LHD GOLF 7 1.6 tdi.
If possible are there any photos of its location and instructions on how i can access it?
Thank you

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hello,
I have searched all over the internet but i haven't found a definitive answer on where the can gateway is located.
I have a LHD GOLF 7 1.6 tdi.
If possible are there any photos of its location and instructions on how i can access it?
Thank you

Mnbt5xO.png

First it's always helpful to yell-out a couple of expletives! Then, reach up behind the pedal bracket -remove electrical connector - press the locking detents that hold the module via the 2 x catch housings - pull off the module. Finish-off by uttering a couple of (different) expletives !!;)

Last edited:

nicolas2746

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Do i have to remove the legs airbag? Do i have to remove the trimming down of the steering wheel? Behind the pedal bracket is the steering column, i dont think my hand fits in there!!

Mnbt5xO.png

First it's always helpful to yell-out a couple of expletives! Then, reach up behind the pedal bracket -remove electrical connector - press the locking detents that hold the module via the 2 x catch housings - pull off the module. Finish-off by uttering a couple of (different) expletives !!;)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Get an emaciated child to help with labor operations..........:rolleyes:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Yes, it is a tight working space. I guess that you could remove additional panels if you want - but it's normally just accessed from below and removal is simply a matter of pulling down the housing. You could lever the detents with a long flat-blade screw driver - but be careful not to break the tabs.
Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Jack: Doesn't the UN convention on child labor apply in the US? :)

Don

Yeah sure but the OP is from Greece right......might as well be the wild wild west over there now no......? :rolleyes:

nicolas2746

Reaction score
Seriously? I hope you are joking. Actually the rules for child work here is very strict and thus something like that does not even exist.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Of course I am joking..........now go get a mechanical hand tool & magnetic screw starter, as they will help.

Take panels to get access as needed.

I'm a big dude myself, so I know what it is like trying to play dashboard surgery.

61PuMUCIU-L._AC_UL320_SR318,320_.jpg

AK653.V2.jpg

Reactions: Uwe
Back