Battery.

odonald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317570
Hi,
I am thinking of replacing my battery, I've seen the Ross Tech battery coding video, it's a good video but, it doesn't say wether you just disconnect the battery, or
you have to connect a charger to the battery wires before you disconnect, Audi A6 C6 3.2fsi, can someone tell me, thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi,
I am thinking of replacing my battery, I've seen the Ross Tech battery coding video, it's a good video but, it doesn't say wether you just disconnect the battery, or you have to connect a charger to the battery wires before you disconnect, Audi A6 C6 3.2fsi, can someone tell me, thanks.
You don't have to connect a maintainer, it just makes life a bit easier because you won't have to reset the clock and a few other things.

On that car, I think I would connect it to the jumper lugs under the hood as opposed to the cables at the battery in the trunk. Also, make sure it doesn't produce excessively high voltages under low-load conditions before you do that.

-Uwe-

odonald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317570
Thanks both, Uwe where would I find the jumper lugs under the hood, thanks.

vodonnell

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=5525
Under the engine hood on the drivers side near the bulkhead + has a red plastic cover.

Reactions: Uwe

odonald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317570
Thanks vodonnell.

Back