Thread: VCDS for non-VAG autos

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS for non-VAG autos

I absolutely love what I can do with my VCDS, but at the moment I only own a single Volkswagen that it works with (2013 GTI). I know it will never work on the Routan. But are there other brands that are being considered for support, such as my new Subaru? If not, does anyone know of a similar product that would provide the functionality of VCDS for a Subaru?

I wasn't really planning on buying one, but in my area it was impossible to find a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium. Even today, there's only one to be found in Western WA.
    2013 GTI, 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring, 2010 Routan SEL. Passat and Jetta TDIs sold back to VW.

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
    I absolutely love what I can do with my VCDS, but at the moment I only own a single Volkswagen that it works with (2013 GTI). I know it will never work on the Routan. But are there other brands that are being considered for support, such as my new Subaru?
    Ross-Tech has no plans at this time to support other OE brands. VAG is #2 in the world and they keep us very busy trying to understand all they do with their vehicles.

Ross-Tech does not know of a tool for Subaru. Hopefully others can help you.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response, Bruce!
    2013 GTI, 2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring, 2010 Routan SEL. Passat and Jetta TDIs sold back to VW.

4. Likes Boki Ar liked this post